Sick of the cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of the cycle

I am new here today and although it is for the wrong reasons, it is nice to realize that I am not alone, I am not a bad person I am just addicted to alcohol. Everyone seems very supportive here. I have considered going to AA but am too embarassed so I think this site is just what I need to help keep me grounded.

Sick of the cycle

Georgie - :welcome:

Whatever the reason is that you are here today, we are glad that you are. You don't have to be a bad person to be addicted to this demon (aka alcohol). I too never considered AA bit do consider myself an alcoholic. You would be amazed at how much MWO has changed so many peoples lives. Read thru the different threads and if you feel like it, tell us a little about yourself and your situation. Bet you'll be surprised to find others with very similar stories as yours.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Thanks Jolie

I have been addicted for about 15 years, it has slowly gotten worse and I have lost all respect from people who know me and I have lost respect for myself. My family is suffering for it and I can't lose them. I have two daughters almost adults. My husband hates this disease as much as me because I am someone, some- THING other than what he married.

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Georgie,

All very important reasons to make a change in your life right now. When you get to the point where you are just so very sick and tired of this vicious cycle, you have no where to go but up. Each day you are AF will give you self confidence and for me, a real feeling of peace in knowing that I now have control over alcohol. I had to finally get rid of all the alcohol in my house as it was just too tempting.

You can regain that respect Georgie - just remember you are only human and while it won't be easy, you can beat this addiction and become the person you and your family want you to be!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Hi Georgie and welcome. :welcome: We don't have to be defined by our drinking past. We can make different choices today. Have you found the Toolbox thread?

Strength and hope to you,

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Georgie:
            I just wanted to say hi and welcome. This is a wonderful website and everyone is really supportive. It's nice to be able to be honest and not be judged because everyone here knows what it's like to fight this awful disease. Best of Luck!
            Gidget 1016

"Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out":h

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Thanks all for your hellos and words of encouragement

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Hi Georgie,

I said hello on the Newbies Nest thread, so glad you are with us!
                You can change everything right now, it's your choice & we'll be here for you

Wishing you the best!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Welcome Georgie! Have a good day!
                  September 23, 2011

Comment

Sick of the cycle

Welcome Georgie, you will find this forum a great help in your effort to become AF. It is amazing how many of us can relate to each others experiences and the way one person relates a story,good or bad, can often be just what we need to hear to help us on our way.
                    AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Working...
                    X