Today I drink then I am done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day! Liberation day. I will have my final hurray, then no more. Don't care how sick I get, how much I have to deal with, but done after today. Taking back my life! March 27th is the turning point in my life. Will be posting frequently on my status as I know that it will be good. AF seems the only way I can do it so that is the method. Realized that if I don't do this, I will end up a sad, pitifull statistic.

Hi AZ,

Good for you! Grab hold of it and don't let it go - it will be tough, VERY tough at times but you have made the decision and we'll be here helping you stick to it!

EW
    If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

good luck mate it is gonna be hard but this is a great site and youll get great advice from people who have been thru it by the way how much do you drink and is it daily

Comment

good luck to you ive learned never say never,forever is a long time

Comment

azmarkm;1085402 wrote: Realized that if I don't do this, I will end up a sad, pitifull statistic.
          Yeah that penny finally dropped for me too.Its a horrible idea isn't it? Good luck.Looking forward to seeing you around.
          I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Good Luck. I also set a date to quit and have stuck to it. It was right before New Years Eve (29th December) and I nearly postponed it till after NY but my friend said, "may as well start now, you're going to have a lot of sober New years Eves to come...why put it off?". I realized that thinking applied to my entire drinking life.

So seize the day, be happy you are making this fantastic choice for yourself and your future and truly believe you can do it!! We are all here to support you. I am coming up to 100 days AF now and have never felt better or happier.
            Bean

Comment

Working...
            X