Day 2 and feeling ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 and feeling ok

Today is day 2 and I have been keeping pretty busy visiting a college for my 17 year old daughter. I got some Chinese food and my two fortune cookies were really good ( I mean I think they were meant for me) here they are:

Grant yourself a wish this year; only you can do it.

If you look back you will soon be going that way.

Pretty good huh? I thought so, words of wisdom we can all use.
    While typing this:

I just heard that my cousin's daughters boyfriend died of an alcohol and drug overdose on Wednesday, he was 22 and she is 10 weeks pregnant.
    As addicts we are all walking on a very slippery slope. Best to everyone.

Day 2 and feeling ok

Georgie - congrats on day 2! It all starts with small steps.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousins boyfriend. This disease is a killer. Keep that in your head for motivation if you are craving or having a bad day.

I hope you have a great AF night with a hangover free Monday morning.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

Thanks Uni! You know, now that I can see clearly I realize " my house is a damn mess". LOL I guess the Al gave me dust bunny goggles! Better get to cleaning house! LOL

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

Congrats Georgie on day 2 AF. I'm on day 7. I'm feeling better. I sweated out the AL, my shakes have ceased, enegry is up and am eating again. I like what your fortune cookies read. It's best not to get hung up on our past regrets, but to learn from them and move forward.
        September 23, 2011

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

:goodjob: Georgie and Reenie. Keep it up and you will start to feel the benefits. being sober is great in so many ways. Please continue to share your journeys with us.

K x
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

first time message

congrats to those of you have been AF even for 2 days... I have fallen into this lifestyle to deal with anxiety. I take antidepressents but nothing compares to the releif of a cold wine or 3 or 6. Like the potato chip ad i can't have just one1 i try not to drink during work week but then my docs tell me binging on wkends is the worst for your body.
            My husband died when he was 45 and our kids were 8 & 10. My boyfriend of 17 years..a heavy drinker, just passed this August. Blah Blah, u have heard it all b4.. just need to share with those of you who are struggling with the same addition.
            cc:new::new:

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

:welcome: ccarpenter. You can do this if you truly want to and pick up the right combination of tools for you.

K x
              Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

Georgie - such words of wisdom! Thank you for reminding me why I am on this journey. Good luck to you.
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

Ccarpenter - welcome to you. Glad you have made the decision to join us on our quest to get and stay sober. Join us in the newbies nest - alot of good info and help there.
                  Hippy
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

Thanks,congrats and welcome!

Congrats Renie on your 7 days AF! Thanks all for your support and Welcome c carpenter.
                    It has only been these 2 days but I feel that this time I may really be on my way to recovery thanks mostly to this site and all of you. No withdrawal symptoms yet,(fingers crossed). Do people always get them?

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

Hi Georgie, good job on your two days. Your physiological withdrawal symptoms may not be what you expect. Sugar cravings may or may not arrive, same with headaches. The psychological symptoms were what got me the most. Being cranky, and just tired, and mentally spent with dealing with going sober. Hang in there. You can do it. The urges will come. Surf them like a wave. Some urges are bigger or stronger, but they will pass, like a wave.
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Day 2 and feeling ok

Embarking on day 8. Feeling hopeful. I'm leaving for work soon and plan to go to an AA meeting tonight. Have a great day Georgie. Stay strong and keep going. Everyone says it gets better. Keep that in mind. Nothing feels as good as waking up sober!
                        September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X