Very hard time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard time..

Hi.. I have been MIA.. Sorry. With a very heavy heart I am having to say goodbye to my much loved dog. He has been the one and only constant thing in my life. Even longer than my parents. He has been going downhill since Thursday. I will take him to vet in the morning if he makes it thru the night. This is so so hard for me. I love that little guy somuch. And he has always been there for me... I dont have kiddos so he is my baby. I have been so sick from crying today. Migrane and all. I try to not show him because, trust me, he knows when mama is upset. He hates me to cry. I drank last night. No excuses. I just did. But it only makes me worse today.. Thanks for letting me ramble. This is just so hard and it really stinks. I am going to try and rest. I will check in tomorrow.Shiner...... Not so shiny right now...

Very hard time..

Shiner. My heart goes out to you. Like yourself I have no kids and my pets are my babies. I lost 2 in the last year and I had a stone in my heart for weeks. There is nothing that will make this a good day/week/month/season for you. Thats the way grief is I suppose. We cant fast forward it to a time when we recover.There was one thing that someone said to me that eventually and I mean eventually gave me some semblance of peace. I will share it with you.When an animal is born it can go to so many different homes. There are so many disgusting horrible people out there who would actually torture and hurt an animal. Your dog could have went to one of those those people. There are other people who would just be indifferent to a pet,maybe wouldn't be cruel to it but wouldn't give it much love either-you know the feed it then ignore it type of person. Your dog could have lived his life with one of those type of people.Instead your dog got to live with you. You are obviously someone who really loved him and made him part of your family. In other words your dog won the jackpot in life.I know that your grief will be really sharp today but hopefully it will be a clean grief too.You could not have made his life any better. You loved him and he loved you.If someone could interview your dog in the afterlife I bet you he would say how delighted he was at the life he got to live.There are 10000's of dogs that couldnt say that.It helped me to try and celebrate the time we had as well as concentrating on the loss.I know today is going to be a horrible day for you.Come on line this evening and let us know how you are feeling. MWO is full of animal lovers who would understand.Its better to turn to us than to the bottle.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Very hard time..

Shiner - I just wanted to offer you my support :l

Coalface your post made me cry :upset: I'm the same, no children and my dog is my baby and my best friend.

Shiner all I can say is please don't drink, let it be a tribute to your dog that you're done with AL. My poor dog has seen me through some terrible times, she has witnessed me bouncing off the walls and waking up on the floor beside her. In the black days she was my only reason for getting out of bed in the morning and for that I owe her my life. They are amazing creatures but like Coal says, how blessed yours was to have you.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Very hard time..

Shiner, there are no words I can add to coalfire and chillgirl's posts.

I too do not have children and my pets have been the rocks in my life and my best friends. I still mourn the loss of my beloved Golden Retriever, Duchess, but the hole she left has been filled with wonderful memories and although even now I feel so incredibly sad at not having her with me anymore, I also feel blessed to have had my friend with me for so long.

Try to be strong and not turn to AL if you can, bless you both and know that so we are all here for you.

:l

Comment

Very hard time..

Aw Shiner, I feel for you. My cat is the only thing that has been constant throughout all the turmoil in my life. All the different relationships, changes of residence, all the ups and downs. She's been with me 8 years,since a kitten, has a truly unique character and I KNOW I would be distraught if anything happened to her.

Your dog was lucky to be loved so much. It will get easier, the sadness will pass and you will be left with a lot of lovely memories. Take care of you too hun - you're no good to him all over the place - let his final memories of you be good too :l

K x
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Very hard time..

Shiner,
            I am very sorry for what you are going through. Your doggy is so lucky to have spent a wonderful life with such a loving person.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Very hard time..

Shiner...I am thinking of you today...
              beatiful post coal..
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Very hard time..

I'm sending you hugs today Shiner....you'll be in my thoughts...:h
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Very hard time..

I am so sorry you are dealing with this loss - I feel the same way about my pets...they are my hairy children. My kids call my dog Seamus their brother. I am sending you healing hugs and thoughts - and know your companion will be over the Rainbow Bridge having a great time with my doggie Mel who we lost 8 years ago. Stay strong. He would want you to be strong for him - and remember how very much he still loves you (and always will). X X O O
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Very hard time..

Shiner,
                    I cried like a baby when I lost my 13 year old doggy ~ he was my best friend & loved me unconditionally too. It's OK to grieve the loss of a true friend :h
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Very hard time..

shiner, thinking of you. i know how you feel. please try and be sober and be clear headed for him when you have to say goodbye.
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Very hard time..

Sending love and hugs your way. I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved doggy. I also have no children but i got a kitten last June and i love him to bits he's always there for me. I hope you get trough this ok and without al.:l

Comment

Very hard time..

So sorry Shiner. Sending big a hug over your way. I have lost a beloved doggy too after having him for 15 years. You will have so many happy memories, I know I do. :l

Comment

Very hard time..

(((Shiner))) I have two children although my love for animals far outweigh my love for most human beings. May peace be with you at this time. xoxo

Comment

Very hard time..

Thank you so much. He went to sleep with so much peace and grace... I was so thankful for that. But I miss him so much... I have a void in my life.. I have wonderful support here and at home. I am blessed. And he knows he was loved.. Thank you all
                              Shiner

Comment

Working...
                              X