Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard time..

Awww, Shiner :l
    Things won't feel right for a few months. I lost two dogs within 3 weeks of each other a few years back. I'd had them longer than the kids and from baby pups. When I went out to the garden I missed them for ages, as they would always accompany me round. I missed their ecstatic welcome when I'd only been gone for a few minutes. It just felt wrong without the presence of dog. After a year or so, I got another one - completely the opposite size and shape and personality, but again very much loved and part of the family.
    When you're ready you'll probably give another dog a great home and a lot of love. In the meantime look after yourself. As you say, drinking doesn't make anything go away. It just makes you feel worse.

Comment

Very hard time..

Shiner

So very sorry to hear of your loss. I know the pain you feel (still do 2 years after the loss of my dog). Please take care of yourself and celebrate his life.

Comment

Very hard time..

Dear Shiner,
        I know the pain of losing a best friend (who just happens to be a dog). When our dog died I was sad for a long time -- the only comfort I could take in it was the thought that "aren't I fortunate to have loved another being so much that her passing could leave a whole in my heart." Many people never experience such love.

I spent the first week after our dog's passing looking at photos of us together -- reminded me of the good times we had together.
        Free at Last
        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Very hard time..

Hello everyone!! Well I have been gone since I lost my Toby. Still miss him like crazy. I wanted to tell you that after my birthday in April, I went to the SPCA and found this little Boston Terrier/Pug... She is a Bug... Lol... She is a year and half. Cutest little thing ever and spoiled beyond belief. She has fit quite well into our little family and she is a blessing to have because she has helped me with Toby's passing. I don't know how I would have done it without her.

She is brindle in color and has a little underbite which is so funny.... She chases her tail and can run faster than anything I have seen.
          I just wanted to let you all know because you were all so very kind to me when I lost my baby.. I know he would have loved our new little "Chili". And she would certainly have loved him... Hope all is well. I plan to get back to this place more often. You guys are great and I appreciate you all..
          Shiner

Comment

Working...
          X