Dry heaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry heaves

How do I get rid of the dry heaves in the am? Only way I have found is more AL.

Dry heaves

you have to taper off... don't go cold turkey

sorry you don't feel well
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Dry heaves

Taper

How do I do that?

Comment

Dry heaves

On my way.

Tapering, have the multis, have the milk thistle, have the B's. Also have the six perscriptions I take daily. Water and lemon in hand! I am going to beat this beast!

Comment

Dry heaves

all the best... we are here for you
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Dry heaves

getting there I hope

had to have a couple this am due to the shakes, trying to cut down 10% a day. I think people are losing patience with me. While I would go for inpatient, I don't think it would work as I don't live in an inpatient world. I live in the real world. Just trying to do the best I can.
            M

Comment

Dry heaves

a question - why is it better do taper off and not go cold turkey? My husband believes in going cold turkey and I cannot - feels if I will dye. He practically forced me one time to go off cold turkey, and really I think that I was near my end. Did make it though...afterwards I always told him I must go off slowly and he says it is not the right way - is it dangerous to go off cold turkey?

Comment

Dry heaves

very dangerous to go cold turkey..depending on how much you drink you could have seizures

sorry for the late response

Comment

Dry heaves

Beachbump,

If you are going to go cold turkey, you should get Librium or some other benzo from your doctor. They will keep you from having seizures.

Otherwise, taper is much safer.

It is not only seizures but strokes and heart attacks, too, to worry about. If you take you blood pressure when you are going cold turkey, you will see what I mean.

Mine goes to 200+/150+, very dangerous.

Of course, this does depend on how much you are drinking when you go cold turkey.

Best of luck to all!!
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Dry heaves

BP

Have BP meds. That should help.

Comment

Dry heaves

Not sure if that will help with the risk of seizure, though.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Dry heaves

I hope so

Had a seizure in Feb. when I stopped. Don't want that again.

Comment

Dry heaves

azmarkm,

If you had a seizure once, your chances of having another with withdrawal is greatly increased. I would definitely go to a doctor and get meds, or taper down.

Tapering is very difficult. Once I take a drink, I want many more.

However, it can and has been done by many here. It helps to have someone you trust administering the alcohol to you as you taper. That way you can't easily start drinking all that you have.

Please take care and determine the best method for you that is safe.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X