Aiming High In April. . .come join us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning! :welcome: to the April challenge thread!

I've been looking for the monthly challenge thread for about 2 hours now and one has not popped up so I though I would take the liberty of starting one.

I really am aiming high in April, I'm not marking days this month because there is no question. . . I WILL be AF for the whole month of April! Come join me, there is strength in numbers! Everyday we are weaker or stronger and this month everyday I will be stronger and so will you! Pull up a chair and lets get this party started!!!!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

I am in Jenny! Thanks for starting this thread. X
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

I was looking for something this morning - and it's now the afternoon - thanks for starting this - brilliant boost to me as 'witchin hour kicks in. New day, new month, new start. Good luck to all. I'm definitely in. Px
      Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

I'm in!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks again Jenny for starting the monthly tread.:goodjob: Count me in again.

Comment

All aboard

Mr Softy is on the train:H
            Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

I am in. All week I have been telling myself that April 1 is the date. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I do need my mwo friends for support. I will be checking back regularly.

Comment

AKwineo;1088718 wrote: I am in. All week I have been telling myself that April 1 is the date. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I do need my mwo friends for support. I will be checking back regularly.
                Me too. It's about time I grabbed this wino bull by it's horns and shoved it outta sight, outta mind.. April is AF for me and thanks for starting this thread, Cassia.:thanks:

Tips
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I'm in Jenn!!!!!!

Comment

Sharky!!!!! Welcome!!!! So glad you could make it! (and everyone else too!) Are you really gonna give this a go with me? No excuses, no oopes, no reason we can't make it! We've both done 30 day's before! Today is my day 1 after a week long binge so I'm ready to feel as good as it feels to be AF for 30 days! Good to see you friend, glad your here!

Mylife. . . you out there? Come on and join in!

Comment

I too was on a week long binge, in fact, I completely spaced drinking the entire bottle last night. I am glad it is gone, I would have been tempted to drink on my lunch break...

No more excuses. I am also only 8 pounds away from my goal weight, so my new mantra is "My weight loss is more important then my drinking"

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread, Jenny! I'm in. I have also decided there are no questions at all about this - I'm just doing it permanently this time, no questions in my mind. Everyone else who has joined in sounds so positive I know we can do this! Sharky great to hear from you, too!

Bean posted a really great link on another thread that I just love. I don't know why it speaks to me,maybe because it is so simple and straight forward. I'll see if I can post it here for anyone who didn't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REIF9R4Y60o[/video]]YouTube - How I Quit Smoking and Drinking

Have a wonderful AF Friday night everyone!

Comment

Evening guy's! So happy to be here and sober on this lovely Friday! Beautiful weather, beautiful mindset. I know this is it! How is everyone else out there on this our first day of taking back our lives???

Comment

Went for sushi and hubby downed a half litre. I drank green tea. Yay. Day one done. Only 29 more to go. I, too am about 8 pounds from my goal weight. Wouldn't weight loss be a great side effect of all this.
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well I wish I were 8 pounds from my goal weight - right now I think it's closer to 16...I'm hoping to lose some weight as well.

Wine definitely goes right to my waist. Anyway, I'm winding down for the evening - I'm looking forward to a lovely AF nights sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X