Aiming High In April. . .come join us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mylife, glad it was a bit easier last night, it will probably happen again, but now you know you can get through it no problem:goodjob:

Molly, now you mention the food and wine thing, you are right about the association between them! I would normally always have a glass of wine (or two or three!) whilst cooking and that has been something that I missed, particularly at the start. But last night I didn't connect the two, it was the 'celebrating' that caught my thoughts and bought on the wish for a glass of bubbly! I have watched the whole series (which was great, I wished they could have all won!) and hadn't thought about wine, so hopefully I have broken that link as well and need to work on not thinking about AL when celebrating something, so strange all these 'things' that you do that a linked to alcohol!

Well shopping done and some people coming to view the house in a couple of hours, so had better get a wiggle on and do the washing up!

Take care everyone and wishing you all a lovely Thursday day/evening/night.

Comment

Where'd everybody go?????

Comment

Witchy and those others in NZ, I noticed tonight that in Countdown they also have a no alcohol wine! Trouble is the name has gone out of my head so will have to get back to you when I try it. "Fre" something. I suspect I won't like it because most wine substitutes are too sweet, but I will get back to you. It was $12 bottle though.

Comment

Hello Guys! Wow, this April Aimers site has gone quiet in the past couple days!

DSLR and Dancing, great to hear from you two! Hope you're doing well. I'm closing in on my 30 days here!! Yippee! (Tomorrow!)

Dancing, I have tried Fre and I quite like it. The one I tried is the color of Rose and chilled it tastes like a low sugar grape juice -- which feels more like an "adult beverage" than grape juice. I even put it in a wine glass and tried to sip it slowly like wine...Lol!

Comment

Hi mylife, dancingon and everyone who has been popping into this thread throughout April.

Congratulations to you all whether you achieved 30 or whatever number of days today, an amazing achievement and you should be very proud, as we all know it isn't easy!

I didn't start until a couple of days in, so have a few days to go yet, but just wanted to say well done to everyone.

Comment

Good morning DSLR and all! DSLR, we deserve to give ourselves a big pat on the back for being here April 30!

I made it AF in April! Wow, I can't believe it. My first full month AF. I'm so happy and feel great that I did this. I'm planning to keep right on going as well.

Have a fantastic AF Saturday gang! Let's move on into May!!

Comment

well done everyone!

Hiya everyone, just wanted to check in at last and say well done to all absatiners! I blew it on day 24, and have been drinking for the last week or so - but nowhere as much as usual, but still too muc cosidering I was supposed to be on the bloody wagon!! Anyways, back with tail between legs, and will keep in touch and do my best! Its all any of us can do I suppose. Trying to moderate, definately don't want to end up back at square one. Definately abstaining until Friday, and will see what happens. Godd luck to everyone, hope you're all o.k xxx

Comment

just wanted to say well done to everyone for making it through april, i bookef at last minute camping break for us and the kids thurs so was away all weekend anyway good job all
                  WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Working...
                  X