NINE weeks later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NINE weeks later

Count them up NINE flippin' weeks since my last drink. I have started fishing again and love it. I have started smoking the odd cigar which I am not proud of but can take it or leave it so am going to leave it ( mum still quite poorly and I needed a stress fix - I picked up tobacco instead of booze but I am not worried as I know I can control them) so 63 days. 70 days this time next week and ten weeks is a great target. I wobbled this time last week and nearly fell off the wagon so tonight we broke the Friday routine and didn't go the pub for tea. Hence early evening post. We have a big supermarket curry waiting to be scoffed and I am the man to do it justice. Have a lovely AF weekend one and all. KEEP ON KEEPING ON!:h
    Last drink 6th September 2013

NINE weeks later

You know I look forward to you Friday night updates. Good for you giving the boozer a swerve tonight. Sorry to here your Mum's not doing so great thought.:l

Which curry did you get, the hot and spicy or the mild and girly.

J x
    :wings:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

NINE weeks later

Curry

Big fat red hot piri piri chicken with pilau rice, naan bread and mango chutney. No need for the lager. Got a nice cup of tea and some posh coffee for later (not to mention a magnum ice cream) I may be sober but god knows I am getting fat with this huge appetite I have rediscovered.:H

Comment

NINE weeks later

Shhhhhhhhh don't mention the weight issue.

I've got a serious amount of doughtnut eating, chocolate eating,those biscuits at the back of the cupboard eating ,roast beef and Yorkshire pudding eating before the big healthy eating plan starts on Monday.:upset:
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

NINE weeks later

Why do

Diets always start tomorrow or Monday?

Comment

NINE weeks later

Ach this is a definite weight loss plan. It's the 4th April and I fly over to Dublin to meet half the Army crew again on the 4th June so they'll see a new slim me.

Get yerself over. We're all going to watch Anon run the Dublin mini marathon. Bring Mrs Softy, we're quite nice you know.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

NINE weeks later

That sounds like a great incentive to get fit - you should go ultra ambitious and join the marathon as well

Comment

NINE weeks later

Hi Softy. Good to see your Friday check in. We started the same time- I am day 67 so I always look out for your Friday posts. Hope to see you again next Friday. Enjoy your curry. Maybe with all that fishing you're doing you could make a fish curry!
                I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

NINE weeks later

Thanks

67 is very impressive well done! I fish in the local canal - believe me when I say you wouldn't want to eat anything that comes out of it - not even in a curry!

Comment

NINE weeks later

Congratulations Softy! Wish I were there... on 21 days

Comment

NINE weeks later

Sooner than you

Think. Time flies when you have fun and being sober is BIG FUN!!!

Comment

NINE weeks later

Ok then I will pass on the fish curry! Beachbump you will be posting 60+ days in no time. In the meantime why not use this to work out how many sober heartbeats you have had?AA History Sobriety Calculator
                        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

NINE weeks later

This is such a great thread.

Thank you for posting it.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

NINE weeks later

Join in the fun Cinders LIFE IS GREAT WHEN YOU ARE STRAIGHT:welcome:

Comment

NINE weeks later

Softy;1088762 wrote: That sounds like a great incentive to get fit - you should go ultra ambitious and join the marathon as well
                              That'll be a very large NO, ta very much. Drinking hot chocolate in Butlers will do me and waving as she goes past.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X