Counting the days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counting the days

I am on Day 65 AF today. I count every day and have enjoyed watching them mount up. It has served as a great form of incentive and motivation. Next Friday I hit 70 days = 10 weeks. At what point. Do you stop counting days and start talking in terms of weeks AF? At what point does it become " I am x many months AF"? I suppose counting the days is a good way of reminding yourself that just one drink and all those days go out of the window and it is Day One again. Any thoughts from the MWO massive?
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Counting the days

MWO Massive :H:H:H

Here's the thing. I used to count every single day and it took me about 4 months before I put my AF date in my signature. I'd made that many half hearted attempts before that I had to be sure in my mind that this was going to be a very very very long run. I hesitate to say to say forever as I can never tell when life may throw me a curve ball.

For me,Softy, just one drink would have me back counting from day one. Mind I don't think I've ever had one drink in my entire life.

Anyway I use the easy way of counting
    Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Counting the days

THATS HOW YOU DO IT JC i was always wondering, going to do it now ;-0

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Counting the days

Softy;1090611 wrote: I am on Day 65 AF today. I count every day and have enjoyed watching them mount up. It has served as a great form of incentive and motivation. Next Friday I hit 70 days = 10 weeks. At what point. Do you stop counting days and start talking in terms of weeks AF? At what point does it become " I am x many months AF"? I suppose counting the days is a good way of reminding yourself that just one drink and all those days go out of the window and it is Day One again. Any thoughts from the MWO massive?
        Well done on your alcohol free time:goodjob: I personally counted the days to give myself some encouragement & strength in that i can look back at how far i have come,My yearly date is the special one for me now even though some days i do look back just to make sure i am not dreaming,If it helps you use it its a great feeling marking them of. ps now thanks to jc i no now i am 810 days alcohol free.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Counting the days

Congratulations on 65 days AF Softy!!! That is so awesome.

Softy;1090611 wrote: I am on Day 65 AF today. I count every day and have enjoyed watching them mount up. It has served as a great form of incentive and motivation. Next Friday I hit 70 days = 10 weeks. At what point. Do you stop counting days and start talking in terms of weeks AF? At what point does it become " I am x many months AF"? I suppose counting the days is a good way of reminding yourself that just one drink and all those days go out of the window and it is Day One again. Any thoughts from the MWO massive?
          "MWO Massive." LOVE IT!!! If I am indeed a part of that, I will say that I too like seeing the days rack up. They are a reminder to me of how far I have come. Like you said, it is also my reminder of what I would toss out the window if I were to take one drink. I've already taken a drink after my first 60 days AF. That did not work at all. I fell quickly back to the bottom of my alcoholic pit. And it took me 8 months to finally be able to get AF again. So "losing my days" has nothing to do with "counting rules" or anyone's opinion about how sober time should be considered. It is about my own experience seeing those first 60 AF days become a distant memory with "just one drink." (well, there is no "just one" for me....hope that is obvious!)

1,046 sober days for me, and over 90 million sober heart beats. And since I'm lousy at math, here is the link I use. AA History Sobriety Calculator

Keep up the good work!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Counting the days

For me I'm counting the days although now I'm past thirty I have to think harder, much to my hubs (damn I can't think of the word) well he thought it was funny to see me counting backwards in the pub last night...

To me seeing those days mount up gives me that little push to make it through the next day knowing it will get a little easier with each day that passes..
            WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Counting the days

Congrats on 65 days!
              September 23, 2011

Comment

Counting the days

Congrats on 65 days Softy! I think everyone is different about counting, but I personally look forward to the time I am counting in years!

Comment

Counting the days

Hi All,

Congratulations on building those AF Days up.
                  Since I gave up Alcohol, on 3rd Jan, I got a diary.
                  I use it just to write in the little things I want to do the following day.
                  I get a real kick at the end of the day of ticking off my list.
                  Anyway, at the top of the each page, I get a real buzz out of circling the number of my AF days.
                  94 to date and looking forward to 100days and hope to have mark it next Monday with a small celebration, a nice meal or a trip to the cinema.

Hope all are well.

Damo in Dublin
                  Still trying !!!
                  AF 25th June2014

Comment

Counting the days

Counting really helps me and has saved me from relapse more than once because I don't want to go back to day 1. I plan on counting right up to day 365-if I get there. Its day 70 today.
                    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Counting the days

JackieClaire;1090616 wrote:
                      Here's the thing. I used to count every single day and it took me about 4 months before I put my AF date in my signature. I'd made that many half hearted attempts before that I had to be sure in my mind that this was going to be a very very very long run.
                      Yep I know this one - I got frustrated with changing my date all the time, so this time around I haven't done it at all!

But I have a mini-diary at home with my date in it and I count weeks for my own mental records and months (every 2nd of the month) for the purposes of AA It's totally up to you, though.

:goodjob: on your AF time so far - that's awesome!

K x
                      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                      X