get supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get supplements?

Hi - new here, threw out all wine this morning - I kept trying to stop, but a glass of wine would always call after work, and once I had one, the whole bottle would follow. I am not sure if i reached the bottom, but awfully close - separated from husband in January (good excuse not to follow thru with NY resolution of only social drinking), losing house - have two beautiful young girls that I want to be a role model for. I started at the gym (slowly) and have lost weight - really want to moderate, but not sure if that will be possible for me. I managed a week AF a while ago, but went straight back - so aiming for a month this time, but that seems an awfully long time. should I get one of the MWO starter packs? I do not want to do AA, nor meds, but think I need help to get better and not kill myself from liver failure!
    I have been doing a lot of reading here and starting to get the abbreviations sorted out - I would love advice about the starter packs or supplements...

17hours AF
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

get supplements?

:welcome: Scottish Lass
    Im glad you found us, I'm also a Scottish lass I didn't order the package but hear great things about it and the hypnotic CDs. I did use L-glut to help with cravings. If you haven't found it yet check out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html it's full of great tips. A month may seem a long time but if you consider how short a time it is in the context of life, it's really nothing and it will give you a much clearer view of your life and which root to go down. Exercise is a great substitute for AL, anything that makes us feel good about ourselves instead of worse like AL does. I'm on my own too and it was far to easy to justify why it was ok to drink every night. You already said you want to be a good role model to your children and you know deep down that drinking certainly isn't the way to do that. Believe you can and you can!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

get supplements?

Hello! A month does seem long huh, why not don't even think about that month and just worry about today or even right now. One minute at a time for now. Pop in at the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html and maybe say hello over on the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...-us-49127.html. Check out thehttps://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html.

Glad to have you! I take a multi, L-glut, 3-6-9 omega, and Kudzu. They help with cravings and keep my mind clear! Good luck (but you don't need it! You can do this! We all can!)
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

get supplements?

I got my start on the path to sobriety using the My Way Out Starter Kit. I took the supplements, listened to the Hypnosis CD's, and also followed the diet and exercise recommendation in the book.

That combination is not "magic." My desire to drink did not magically disappear. However I really believe those tools helped take the edge off making my start at sober living possible. Then the real work began.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

get supplements?

Hi and :welcome:

You have found a great place with some wonderful people to help support you as you start your journey.

I tried the whole MWO program a long while back and it did not work for me....but thats only BECAUSE of me.....I fooled myself into thinking I was trying when in reality I just wasn't ready. So you have to be honest with yourself. I very much support the MWO program. My only bit of advice is to not get overwhelmed. I did in the beginning....I tried everything at once.....tapes, supps, meds. And for me, I just couldn't keep up and soon gave up. I think if you start slow and add on what you feel comfortable with its better than doing an complete life change at once.

Just my opinion, everyone has to find their own way out....:l to you and keep strong!
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

get supplements?

Hi Scottish Lass,

I just said hello to you on the Newbies Nest thread

I didn't use the Starter pack myself because I have to watch for allergies so I used my own supplements. But I did use the Hypno CDs & highly recommend them to help you learn to relax without AL & change your thinking. I did not use any meds.

We're here to support you on your journey & will help anyway we can!
            Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X