Coping with death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping with death

Softy ..I am very sorry about your mum.....I understand loss all to well with loosing my son on the year anniversary of my first year sober......
    Unfortunally I do have experience with grief...and we do have a lot to feel along this journey, hiding behing any al will only worsen it...please keep strong and healty..I am more than sure your mum and dad are looking after you now!!!!
    :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Coping with death

So sorry Softy, may your Mum Rest In Peace.

Very well done on not drinking xxx
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Coping with death

Softy, good for you to be there for your Mum and sisters and for yourself. Your sobriety was important to everyone in your family today -- most of all you. Please continue to take care of yourself in this difficult time.

Sending strength and prayers to you and your family. :h:l

Comment

Coping with death

Softy, that you were fully present for you mom's transition is so incredibly beautiful.... I hope it will be a wonderful memory for you to appreciate and cherish. :l
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Coping with death

Softy, I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. Hang in there, it will get better. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Coping with death

My love and thoughts are with you Softy. Well done for being so strong and resisting the booze, I bet it felt almost surreal, grief is a process, and good luck to you as you move through it, my very best wishes to you and your family xxxx

Comment

Coping with death

Softy, I'm so sorry for your loss.:l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Coping with death

Softy, I am very sorry for your awful loss RIP
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Coping with death

very sorry for your loss softy. so proud you were with her sober to comfort her.
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Coping with death

So sorry for your loss and so proud of you. Your lovely Mum is at peace and you were there with her and your family. It will be tough, but you know how strong you can be when you have to be my friend. :l

Comment

Coping with death

So sorry to hear about your mother softly, may she rest in peace,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Coping with death

Thinking of you this morning Softy as you waken up to the full impact of your loss. Sometimes when I am too stressed to remember long discussions about why I shouldn't drink three words do it for me-Think,Think Think. Take it easy today.
                          I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Coping with death

So sorry for your loss, Softy. Thinking of you and the fact that you are staying sober in this very difficult time makes you an example that it IS possible to go through life's hurdles without drinking away our pain.

I admire you.

Best regards.

Comment

Coping with death

You are all very kind

Day 72 Today and staying AF is the thing I will do to honour my mums memory. Yesterday underlined the value of life. You only get one ride on the fair. I am going to live and breathe every minute I get. Wasting hours feeling hungover would be an insult to my mums memory:h:h:h
                              Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Coping with death

As I said...I admire you.

Don't know where in the world you are - but how does funeral and the arrangements work? Do you have a support system besides your sisters? Are they younger or older than you?

Comment

Working...
                                X