• Show
Clear All

Coping with death

Softy, love and strength coming from me too :l
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Coping with death

2 days until Friday Softy. Hoping we are going to see that 11 weeks later post.
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Coping with death

hi softy,sorry to hear of your mom,

Comment

Coping with death

Hi Softy,

You are a good fella, am very sorry to hear of your loss.
          My thoughts are with you and your family.

Damo in Dublin
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Coping with death

So far so good

coalfire;1097590 wrote: 2 days until Friday Softy. Hoping we are going to see that 11 weeks later post.
            No booze Day 76 AF today Sort of coping but today I go to the Chapel of Rest to say goodbye so it will be tough.

Quite comfortable with not drinking but if I could just give up the speed, crack, smack and weed it would be better (joke)
            Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Coping with death

Softy - you are doing brilliantly! You will look back and be so glad you didn't drink through this. Every time we cope with a new experience AF we are strengthening our will and learning how to deal with real life and emotions the way we were meant to without trying to numb them with the booze. Keep clocking up these days!
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Coping with death

Softy;1097838 wrote: No booze Day 76 AF today Sort of coping but today I go to the Chapel of Rest to say goodbye so it will be tough.

Quite comfortable with not drinking but if I could just give up the speed, crack, smack and weed it would be better
                (joke)
                Softy, strength AND humour, a formidable combination. And you have loads of both. You will make it through this my friend. :l

Comment

Coping with death

vintage girl;1097880 wrote: Softy, strength AND humour, a formidable combination. And you have loads of both. You will make it through this my friend. :l
                  One of my mum's favourite sayings was "laughter is the best medicine"
                  Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Coping with death

Oh Softy - I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. Be proud of yourself - I know your Mom is. Blessings and peace to you and your family.

Waggy
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Coping with death

Softy, thinking of you and your family today.:l
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Coping with death

Softy - my heart goes out to you for your loss - I think you are an amazing man to have handled it all the way that you have - your mum would be so proud of you. Hugs to you and sending healing thoughts and prayers.
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Coping with death

Hugs for today softy. :l

Comment

Working...
                          X