Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy, Joyous and Free.....

Hiya folks.

I was directed over to your site from a close friend of mine. Says there are some great people here. I havent read a whole lot of the site yet.

Ima 37 yr old RECOVERED alcoholic and drug addict. I say recovered because I have recovered from a hopeless state of mind and body.

I have been alcohol and drug free since May 2003. I certainly can't do it on my own.

A tiny bit of willingness, The 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, GOD, fellowship, a bit of honesty to start, and alot of Open mindedness is what my Solution has been.

Life is still life. But the journey I am now I NEVER could have dreampt up. Never in my wildest dreams did I think life could be so good.

I am interested in reading everyones stories to see how others " DO IT"

If anyone has any questions or needs any help please feel free to ask.

I keep what I have by giving it away.

Hey Ima,

Welcome to the site. I fought the war on both fronts too. Wasn't much fun for me either. Have a look around, there's a lot of good info.

check out these 2 posts especially https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...rain-5136.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...-2-a-5137.html

Mikey.

Comment

mikey008 wrote: Hey Ima,

Welcome to the site. I fought the war on both fronts too. Wasn't much fun for me either. Have a look around, there's a lot of good info.

check out these 2 posts especially https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...rain-5136.html

Mikey.
      Thanks Mikey

Comment

Wow Ima,

Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on all the hard work. :welcome:
        ~Laura

Insanity
        : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

mikey008 wrote: Hey Ima,

Mikey.
          Those are good articles. Hadn't seen those. Thanks.

Comment

Laurav wrote: Wow Ima,

Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on all the hard work. :welcome:
            Thanks

I have had very little to do with it.

Just muster up a bit of willingness....

Comment

Hi Ima-
              Thanks for coming here. I'm sure you have lots to share- and congrats on your success.
              I just had to post because I absolutely love your last line.
              I'm pretty sure I'll remember that for a long time. Quite perfect for this time of year too!

Thanks and :welcome:
              Lisa

Comment

I love this quote too!

"I keep what I have by giving it away."

:welcome: to MWO

Nancy:l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

mikey008

Mikey

Thank you so much for pointing us to those articles!! They make perfect sense to me!! I really need concrete stuff like that to understand and get a handle on things.

The good news is the diet that Dr. Gersten describes is almost EXACTLY like the body building diet that I already follow....including the UDO's.

I can't wait to see more of Dr. Gersten's website.

Also, you pointed me to the Research section of these forums. I haven't been there yet and it looks like there is tons of information there!

Thanks again!
                  Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

Hi Mikey

Thanks for the great info. I have pasted those articles to my word procssor. Earlier this week we were discussing breakfast suggestions in the fitness area of this site.

I highly recommend the book, Sugar Busters. It has some really valuable info. on foods, and what to look for when shopping.

Thanks again.

Kim

Comment

Ima,

Congratulations on your achievements to date. I don't want to belittle what you have managed to do - it's a big thing. But I wanted to say that I don't know if any of us ever truly recovers from addiction. Most of the time, an addiction to drink or drugs is replaced with an addiction to something else...

I managed to stay sober for 8 years and then I lapsed. I could kick myself now. I have been fighting the battle again for the last 2 years. Well, for the last few weeks. I have only just decided that actually, I don't want to drink at all. I guess what I am saying to you is be careful and do not get too complacent. I did and, when I was vulnerable, it took me down again.

God willing I will find the strength to fight again but it is a constant battle. You can never really let down your guard, although certain behaviors do become second nature when you have been abstinent for a while.

Wittered on enough!

H

Comment

Hoagybear wrote: Ima,

Congratulations on your achievements to date. I don't want to belittle what you have managed to do - it's a big thing. But I wanted to say that I don't know if any of us ever truly recovers from addiction. Most of the time, an addiction to drink or drugs is replaced with an addiction to something else...

I managed to stay sober for 8 years and then I lapsed. I could kick myself now. I have been fighting the battle again for the last 2 years. Well, for the last few weeks. I have only just decided that actually, I don't want to drink at all. I guess what I am saying to you is be careful and do not get too complacent. I did and, when I was vulnerable, it took me down again.

God willing I will find the strength to fight again but it is a constant battle. You can never really let down your guard, although certain behaviors do become second nature when you have been abstinent for a while.

Wittered on enough!

H
                        I welcome your thoughts and agree

I stated what I had RECOVERED from was a hopeless state of mind and body

Ima no longer hopeless

I am still very active in my recovery. I goto 3 meetings a week, have a sponsor I talk to daily, work with other alcoholics, practice the principles of AA as regualry as I can and most importantly PRAY every day.

My conscious contact with MY GOD is #1

I've seen people here say AA is a religion which I completely disagree with. GOD is Good orderly direction.

Its a God of my understanding.

And with the addiction thing Ima addicted to everything. Doesnt matter what it is. Food, Sex, Alcohol, Drugs, Shopping, Working....I have been Cig free for over 3 years too with Gods help

Hey whatever works for someone. I'll be honest I've read some stuff here that quite frankly scares the shit out of me. Real alcoholics who think they can successfully moderate drinking is frightening to ME. It all depends on what you believe. I think Alcoholism is a disease. Physical, Mental and Spirtual.

Ima sure we will have many more discussions.

I will have lots of questions for you all.

Comment

Working...
                        X