Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shy

I feel a bit shy.

I have just been reading peoples letters, and they all seem really clever.

I think I will just spectate until I understand what everyone is going on about.

Cait

Shy

:welcome:

Just be yourself - don't worry about trying to be clever. We're here to help each other. Sometimes along the way, we get entertained as well as educated.

Just watch, ask questions when you need to, and join in when you ready. Glad to have you with us!

Barb

Comment

Shy

Some are more clever than others, but don't be intimidated. Let the clever post entertain you. They are the spice of the place. It would be a mistake to pass up the simple friendship and help you get here because you don't think your up to the snappy repartee.

Comment

Shy

Hi Caitlin, I felt the same when I found the site, but your comments will help people.......
        Keep posting, you're an inspiration & it's nice to know that you're still ok.

Take care, Paula xx :l :h :l
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Shy

Caitlin!!

I PROMISE I am rarely clever!! But, I have been here since May and have had such wonderful success and met wonderful clever, and not so clever, others.

Come on in!!

Can't wait to meet you!!

Beth
          formerly known as bak310

Comment

Shy

Hi Caitlin,
            :welcome:
            Yes I too felt a little daunted when I first posted on this site, however I got such a wonderful warm response to my first posts I soon felt more relaxed. Take your time and you will slowly begin to feel more and more at home with the site and the lovely people on it.
            See you around
            Amelia
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Shy

Thank You for all those lovely comments. It is saturday night and I have drunk 2 glasses of wine ( I feel a bit shaky) But my dinner is being cooked for me . sausage and mash with onion gravy ( yum ) and I hope that I can taper to perhaps 2 more glasses tonight.

I would to have none, but I am awake all night with horrid thoughts. So hopefully I will knock myself out.

Hey Its better than 4 bottles of wicked stuff per night...

Thank you once again you have all been lovely and I feel like a failure.

Cait

Comment

Shy

Hi Caitlin, you're certainly not a failure.

I'm now on my second glass of wine and will certainly have 2 more.

Like you say it's not 4 bottles so by my reckoning you should actually be feeling PROUD of yourself.

Well done, here's a hug :l

Paula xx :l :h :l
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Shy

bak310 wrote: Caitlin!!

I PROMISE I am rarely clever!! But, I have been here since May and have had such wonderful success and met wonderful clever, and not so clever, others.

Come on in!!

Can't wait to meet you!!

Beth
                  What Beth saidexcept I joined in August......
                  :h :h :h :h

Comment

Shy

Caitlin wrote: I feel a bit shy.

I have just been reading peoples letters, and they all seem really clever.

I think I will just spectate until I understand what everyone is going on about.

Cait

We're not clever Caitlin.....we're just not drunk and make more sense now :H
                    Glad your here, hun
                    We're all here for you

Stollies1

Comment

Shy

Hey Caitlin, cutting down from 4 bottles to a few glasses is not failure sweetie, thats what I call progress!!!

Sausages and mash eh, trying to make us all jealous or what?,...sounds like you have someone round you that thinks you're rather special!:thumbs:

Keep up with the good work.
                      Amelia
                      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Shy

OK, I'm American, so what is mash? Potatoes? Oooohh...the less I drink, the more I'm craving carbs. Caitlin, please tell me it was yucky...did it have gravy, too?::h
                        Tumadre

P.S. :welcome:
                        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                        Plato

Comment

Shy

Mashed potatos, are potatoes that have been mashed. ( with milk, butter and a little garlic ) It brings your mind round into what is important ( I think , because when I didn't eat when my mind went west )

To Kate - what a sunshine you are

I hope to be there very soon and I Thank you to eveyone who has said lovely words.

The wind is blowing a gale tonight.... I hope I can sleep.

And Amelia Thanks to you. XXX

Thank you to everyone else :h
                          Cait

Comment

Shy

MMMMMMM Mashed potato with milk, butter AND garlic,..now that does sound kinda fab.
                            Hope your zzzzzzz's come easily.:crossed: Keep us posted Caitlin.

Amelia
                            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Shy

I'm not really clever.

And I am shy.

I have found that I can let go a bit more than usual when I'm here.

It usually takes me two or three re-writes to sort of get my message across.

But I'm getting the hang of it.

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Just do what you feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X