hello there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello there

Im new here and Im wondering where I might fit in with this forum. I dont want to post on monthly or weekly abstinence as ive no intention of drinking again and I dont quite fit in with the long term abstinence group as I have not accumulated the significant amount of time I see that some consider years a necessary requirement to consider yourself long term (which I dont agree with). If there was a thread that was for the 'why the hell would you go back to that' I would jump straight in but I dont see one. Is there a place for peeps who are loudly confident that they will never go back to their boozy ways , a place just to chat about perhaps their experiences of living alcohol free in an alcohol riddled world, a place to chuckle about it really.
    Anyway im new here as I said and I certainly dont want to be upsetting folk, just want to find some like minded peeps , the ' thank God were free' brigade !
    Turn all your lemons into lemonade

hello there

Mizz Fitt - :welcome:

All I can tell you is you would be welcome on any of the threads here no matter how long you've been AF. I can't imagine why you wouldn't feel comfortable in either the long term abstainers or the monthly abstainers.

Hey - no reason why you can't start your own thread - I'm certain you will find someone here who's situation is similar to yours - good luck to you!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

hello there

Welcome Mizz, as Jolie says you would be made feel welcome on any thread, we are all here for the same reason to stop the abuse of alcohol. I wouldnt be too worried about a where you fit in right now, just jump in where ever you feel comfortable. Loads of support and advice available.
      Keep safe
      KTAB
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

hello there

Hi & welcome mizz, you can post anywere you like, no big deal,read & post & read & post hope to see you around. goodluck.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

hello there

Hi there Mizz Fitt!

Welcome to MWO

Why not jump on the Newbies Nest thread for a while until you feel comfortable jumping into the other threads. 1 day AF or 1000 days AF - all the same - feel welcome everywhere
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hello there

As the others say, post where you like. Start your own thread in the Just starting Out section and others will jump in.

There have been loads of threads on here along the lines of Why the hell would you go back to that, celebrating what's good about being sober and what was awful about being drunk. But they run their course and disappear from the front page. We're always up for another so feel free to share your story and tell us why you wouldn't go back. It's encouraging for those struggling to stop to hear such things.

Comment

Working...
            X