Day 13 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 13 AF

Well today was tough. I really wanted to have a glass of wine after work, which I feared would not stop at two glasses. Managed to surf the wave of desire, and am now preparing to hit the gym. Tomorrow will be 14 days for me -- I also have a major work function that will involve free flowing alcohol and appetizers so am a bit concerned. Will take it one hour at a time tomorrow evening. Thanks to all for your support.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Day 13 AF

Well done FaL.
    14 days is a nice milestone, 2 full weeks , and I promise , it WILL get easier.
    You have done brilliant to get this far, I really hope you keep going.
    I have found its the thoughts of the functions / parties and not drinking that is scary, but when you get there and decide 100 % that you are NOT drinking alcohol , you can still have an enjoyable night , although I have found that I like to leave a little earlier than most when people start getting drunk.

Please, stick with it , the first function may be a bit uncomfortable but you will be so happy and BE PROUD when you wake up the next morning hangover free.

All the very best...keep up your great work

Damo in Dublin
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Day 13 AF

Good for you surfing the urge today free at last!
      Keep doing that & you'll make your goal

Be sure you prepare yourself for tomorrow evening so you can continue with your success. Arriving a little late or leaving if things get too rough are OK! Leave as happy & AF as you are when you arrive.

You can do it - wishing you the best!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 13 AF

Hello Free,
        I'm on Day 12 here. I told myself just to be prepared to obsess over Alcohol for 90 days. I thought I would just be constantly obsessing and miserable for 90-days and then hopefully from what I'd read I would feel better. Maybe because I was planning for the worst I've been feeling like "this isn't so bad after all"....and when I do feel like having a glass of wine I think just wait it out for 90 days.

That's my mantra and it's been working this time for me. Hope that helps. You can do this, lots of others here have and so can you! Hang in there.

Comment

Day 13 AF

Good luck with the wine and nibbles, Free.
          As others have said, decide before you get there that you are not drinking and tell someone either before you go, or when you get there, that you're not drinking at the moment.
          Think how great you'll feel when you make it through the evening without alcohol.

Comment

Day 13 AF

I'm only day 5 here and while its hard - hubbie is away and some days the kids drive me NUTS I just know that no matter what I'll stay alcohol free!! No hangover is worth it to me anymore - I have my sons 21st next month which is a major milestone for him as hes had cancer twice but I wont drink there either because two days AFTER I run a half marathon and that is more important to me than alcohol. You can do it too - it is JUST a choice

Comment

Day 13 AF

FAL congrats on 13 days that is brilliant. With everyone's advice and your strength I am sure your 'do' will be fine and you will leave with a clear head and proud heart.

Well done mylife, I am just behind you!

mum, you sound as strong as ever, wishing your son a great 21st brithday.

Wishing everyone a lovely AF day/evening.

Comment

Day 13 AF

I've already started telling people I wont be drinking at the boys 21st because luckily its only two days before I have to run Huntly half and dont want to feel like crap before I run. Also I have decided to run every bloody half marathon I can enter before I do my first full one in NY in November, so... I'm doing the Gold Coast in July and Taupo in August, Hamilton in October before we fly from NZ to the states for NY. That way I can stay focused. We live in a small town and dont want to have to explain why I arent drinking so I have lots of excuses and hopefully by then it wont be an issue anymore

Comment

Day 13 AF

Congratulations on 2 weeks! Know you will not drink at the pary - you came to far already...stick it out - you CAN!!!

Comment

Day 13 AF

Thanks, everyone. Made it through the work event -- arrived late, left early and avoided the bar. Today is the start of Day 15 AF. Thanks for your support.
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Day 13 AF

Well done free, that is brilliant, I bet a few woke up with sore heads this morning, but not you, excellent feel isn't it!

congrats for day 15 as well, onwards and upwards as they say :0}

Comment

Day 13 AF

Mum of six and Free, just wanted to say well done! Posts like this make me feel this could be possible........ xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X