Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing a little success - 7 days AF

:goodjob: Donedrinkin
    Congratulations on day 8! I love what you are doing, you are really making an effort to change your routine and replace your drinking with something beneficial to your health. Keep up the good work and remember to treat yourself to someone nice too, maybe your fav food or buy something with the money you have saved from not drinking. Rewarding ourselves is important to associate pleasure with being AF.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Great guns Steve, well done. Not only will you change the life that was probably mapped out for you if you had kept on drinking, but you will also be fitter, healthier and looking good !!

Have a great AF Sunday.

Comment

life

DoneDrinkin;1099807 wrote: Thank you all.

8 days and counting now. Went to the gym again today and got my "fix" there instead of the liquor store. Felt great.

I'll have a think about some short & long-term goals and report back.

Thanks again everyone.. you are all incredibly helpful and supportive.

Steve
        great post,:goodjob:

Comment

Friends,

9 days AF now, and I'm feeling like a different person. All my muscle aches are now gone completely. I'm sleeping better. I've lost 7lbs. My eyes are bright. My mental agility is returning. I feel positive about every aspect of my life.

I went to the gym again today, and then out to dinner - a huge salad and a whole pitcher of ice water with lemon!

Here are my goals for the next 21 days:

- Work out every day for 1 hr or more. Some combo of running, weights, biking, swimming.
          - Eat healthfully.
          - On day 30 AF, treat myself to a 1-hour massage at my local gym. Hey I deserve it!

That's it for now. After day 30, I'll make some more goals, but for now, that's all I need to get through this.

I CAN DO THIS!

Thank you again - everyone.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X