Had enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had enough

:new: and this is the first time I've decided to do something about my drinking. I have finally admitted to myself that it is really out of control. I really want to get it under control, but have no idea how. I have been drinking heavily for years and have just found this site today. Reading some of the stories it is amazing how they are so like mine. I am terrified to stop and I am sitting here telling myself that I will have a few drinks tonight and then stop tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

Had enough

Hi Stav and welcome

You've found a good place where so many of us have stories similar to yours. Its time to say goodby to al and hello to your new sober self. Read lots and post lots. We are all at different stages of our recovery journey. I wish you well. Downloading the MWO book is a good start.

Maz
    Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Had enough

Hi Stav, nice to meet you and :welcome:

You have definitely found a great community here and I am sure you will find the tools you need to take that next step and stop. I am new to the site as well and am only at the beginning of my journey, so will let the senior members and those that have been here/trying/succeding longer than me give you the guidance that will help you, in terms of MWO.

All I would say is stopping is a personal thing, it may also depend on how much you drink and how it is likely to affect you, so perhaps it might be a good idea to have a read around and see what might be best for you?

But be assured of one thing Stav, you are not alone and you take this journey with friends who know what it is like to live with this disease and how tuff it can be to stop, but it can be done, many of the members have done so (including me 25 days), and so you can do it to.

Looking forward to hearing how you are getting on and be strong, you know you're worth it

Comment

Had enough

:welcome: Stav!

Like Mazzie and DSLR have said before me, MWO is truly a wonderful and supportive group of people. I've been here a while, off and on, this time has been the longest and I have over 100 days AF under my belt. The biggest eye opener for me was just how many people are out there, all over the world, that have stories almost exactly like mine. I was a "closet" drinker and MWO is my outlet as I have never "spoken" a word about my drinkning to anyone. My MWO family knows my story and has helped me every step of the way.

I too was terrified to stop in the beginning but there are lots of tools here to help you get thru. My best advice would be to try to go 30 days AF and see how you feel. My bet is you will be amazed at all the positive changes once you get AL out of your system - I know I was.

Glad to have you here and hope to see you over in the newbies nest!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Had enough

Going to give 30 days a try.

Thanks all. Well I did have a drink last night but no where near as much as I would have. Is this the start, who knows? I have been reading lots of posts and have decided to try 30 days AF. I'm still terrifed but feeling a bit more positive so here goes.:thanks:

Comment

Had enough

Welcome Stav!

Please be sure to check out the Tool Box on the Monthly Abstinence thread. You can do this!

Comment

Had enough

HI Stav and Welcome!

I too found this site only 26 days ago. I have now been AF for 26 days. The support of others around me knowing and having been through the same experiences is really helpful. There are a lot of great threads and a lot of useful tools. Welcome and happy to have you here! :goodjob:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Had enough

Go for it Stav, what have you got to lose??????

Stick close to the site and pop into the Newbie Nest, as there are loads of people like you, me, sunshine, and heaps of others, who are going through the same experience and it really does help, particulalry when you think you are going to have a drink, everyone knows what it is like and really helps you to get through it.

I am sure you won't need it, but good luck with your 30 days, I am 5 days away from mine and I truely don't think I have done that in 10 years or so and it FEELS GOOD:happy:

Comment

Had enough

This is tough

Found the first 4 or 5 days not too bad, but I really wanted a drink tonight. It's now after midnight and I didn't have that drink. Don't think I will get much sleep tonight and up early for work tomorrow. Still it's better to be a bit tired than hungover. This is not going to be easy but I'm going to stick with it.

Comment

Had enough

Goood for you for getting over the first bump stav. I don't know anyone who says they regret NoT taking a drink when they feel the cravings, but plenty who do regret drinking.

Hvpe your sleep was ok in the end - you're doing great. Be prepared for your brain to give you a whole load of cravings, reasons and excuses for drinking as it wants you to drink. Just be aware that it is all rubbish and you will start to feel better the more AF time you have.

K x
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                    X