Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Binger on the scene

Hi all,

I have currently been a horrific binger for the past 5 or 6 years.
    Basically Self Medicating when feeling low and lonely etc. Although i expect that is what most of us do.

Mine escalates out of control to the point where i self harm and become suicidal. End up in a mental hospital on Detox and therapy. Its a vicious circle, i think i can go back to controlled drinking but it never happens. Although it seems in my life everything i touch turns to rat crap.

I only just finished with a girl I was seeing after about 4 months. We no longer speak really, I still miss her, after we split it was awful. I was drinking/binging just to knock myself out, eventually again i would get suicidal. I still miss her, but I think its worse just because we dont speak anymore.

I will probably post more about how i started binging and over indulging from about 2006. But for now its just to say Hi and ive read some sobering threads already on here.

Ive was on Antabuse for about 4 or 5 days but the script has run out now. Its been just over a week since my last tablet to naturally im thinking of cracking a couple of cans open tonight to chill out.
    Bloody royal wedding made me think of the ex. Its all I thought about yesturday :upset:

Thanks for listening

Stu

New Binger on the scene

Hi and welcome stu to mwo, This is a great community with lots of support and good advice,read & read and post your thoughts,we can all relate to what you are going through as most if not all have there sometime in our life,Get yourself a plan ,there is a toolbox in the monthly abstinence thread check it out and I hope you give yourself a chance, it can be done and remember when you get your alcohol problem in control you can then work on the rest of your life.goodluck.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

New Binger on the scene

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the site,
      You need to get a few AF days under your belt and very quickly you will feel better with a clear head.
      Like Mario said, you need to start a plan on staying sober for a bit.
      I would recommend spending as much as time as possible just reading some posts .
      You will realise there are so many people in a similar position to yourself.

But if you get some sober time going things will start to look up.
      One day at a time.
      I recommend having a goal of 30 days and then assess what you want to do from there.
      I am now sober since Jan 3rd and my life has improved so much since then.

You will find it tough at times, but its sooo worth it if you can get through the cravings.

The very best of luck with it.
      It CAN be done. And it could prove to be one of the best decisions you have ever made.
      All the best.....

Damo in Dublin
      Still trying !!!
      AF 25th June2014

Comment

New Binger on the scene

Hi Stu and welcome. Try and stay close to this site. Check out the toolbox Mario mentioned. I found it was best to put a plan together asap. It will provide you with a framework. I needed that structure in the beginning. We are all here to help. I look forward to hearing more from you! Techie
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New Binger on the scene

Hi Stu, I car relate to ur story, as I hav been drinking and self harming for a long time now. My husband found me in the bathroom, on Tuesday night.... I was very drunk and cutting myself with a razor blade. Iv been really low lately,and I think I just snapped. But it was the last straw. Iv now been sober for nearly 3days. Its hard, but I hope it works out. Take care. Free to chat any time.

Comment

New Binger on the scene

Hello & welcome to Binger & LizM!

MWO is a good place, lots of support is available here
            Depression fueled drinking is pretty common I think - at least is was for me. You can break the cycle & take back control of your life though, I did!

If you haven't already download & read the MWO book - it's available in the Health store here on the site. With a strong commitment & a good solid plan you can achieve your goals

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support & see what the others are doing to get started

Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

New Binger on the scene

Hi Binger,
              Heartache is rough. :l I hope you feel better soon. Maybe this is a time to focus on yourself for a time and get to a safer place with your thoughts? I really feel for you and your situation. I get down like that and drinking makes it so much worse. It sounds to me like you already know that. Sometimes one day at a time is the best way I can deal with such intense feelings. Take care of yourself. :h:l

Comment

Working...
              X