Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Congrats Foam and Barbara on staying af! Last night after changing my mind again and again I went down to the local bar for some me time away from my brother and ended up staying there till closing (they closed at mid. due to low turnout) drinking soda and feeling so proud of myself. I had a great time, and was able to pay attention a lot better. Plus I was able to do more karaoke because when I was drinking, after a certain point, karaoke was real hard to pay my attention to so I would settle with more listening and less singing and I would drift off in al land. But being af that never happened.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi

Fantastic. Here's to week #2!
      THOUGHTS become THINGS
      choose the GOOD
      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi

Well, what can I say , its been extremely difficult today for some reason. Don't ask why . Can't pinpoint why after 8/9 weeks clean I've had this incredible urge to visit the Off Licence in the back of my mind, nagging away at me.

Still clean, OH home from work soon, that will be a help.

Guess we all encounter such days now and again, thing is to RESIST.

Good god that helped writing this. :thanks: for reading/listening.

FF
        Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Hi

Foamy,

What is the Off Licence?? Is it a bar? You have a language of your own...

8/9 weeks that is impressive. Don't give in to "It". Remember...."It wants a drink",
          "You" don't want a drink.....

don't know if you've ever read LostInThailand's posts, he talks about the AV (Alcoholic Voice....the one in your head). You might want to look him up.
          Stay STRONG!
          THOUGHTS become THINGS
          choose the GOOD
          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi

Hi FF, days like today will happen but the longer AF you are the hold the drink has on you lessens.
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Hi

hi Barbara

What is the Off Licence?? Is it a bar? You have a language of your own
              High Street retailer which sells in the main booze. Haven't been to a bar (Pub, over here) for months pleased to say.
              Will read LostInThailand's posts, that's a promise.

Hi Madmans
              Hi FF, days like today will happen but the longer AF you are the hold the drink has on you lessens.
              Yep, first time in ages felt this way, time to cook OHs supper so that will keep me busy a while.
              Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

Comment

Hi

Foamfollower;1124596 wrote: Well, what can I say , its been extremely difficult today for some reason. Don't ask why . Can't pinpoint why after 8/9 weeks clean I've had this incredible urge to visit the Off Licence in the back of my mind, nagging away at me.

Still clean, OH home from work soon, that will be a help.

Guess we all encounter such days now and again, thing is to RESIST.

Good god that helped writing this. :thanks: for reading/listening.

FF

Keep at it FF, you will get them sudden cravings for a while,well i did, By having a book or something else your very intrested in on hand is a help, good work, This time the joke is on alcohol

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi

Thanks mario, as you say "This time the joke is on alcohol"

Like that !!

Comment

Working...
                  X