Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again...

Hello friends,

I spent some time here with you last summer. My husband was in a really bad shape at that time with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and was self-medicating with alcohol. He ended up in detox after a two week binge. He abstained for about a week and then worked himself back up to a mega problem drinker with depression and anxiety.. he has few interests and not much of a life. I can't watch him disintegrate and I am seeking marriage counseling (he won't go at this time) and he now knows I will not stay here and watch indefinitely. Of course he doesn't want me to leave and I don't want to either (he's my whole family after being together for 27 yrs.).. I just ordered a few moderation related books on Amazon.. He said he'll read them and start a plan.. We'll see..

I am a problem drinker but nowhere like him. I'd like to cut down for weight reasons more than anything else, and to be a good role model for him.. I will read the books, too!

Wish us luck and I wish you all the best!!
    "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
    ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Back again...

Welcome back DipGal!

I'm sorry to hear your husband is still having problems - I remember your earlier posts.
    You know that he has to make the decision to improve his life, you can't do that for him.

But you can take steps to improve your own life. Why not go back & read the MWO book & make a new plan for yourself? He just may decide to follow in your footsteps......you never know!

Wishing you the best & please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Back again...

Thanks Lav

I appreciate the response Lav! I will follow your advice, reread the MWO book I downloaded last year and make myself a plan.

On a good note, he has read the intro to one of the books I bought. That's a start! He also is trying hard to get moving and got out of the house to exercise (walking on a local trail) 3 times last week. He also BBQ'd today, which is huge since he always enjoyed BBQing but hasn't BBQ'd in almost 2 years. Progress!!

Thanks again!
      "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
      ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Back again...

That's good news - progress is always good!

Hopefully your husband will follow your lead.
        Stay in touch so we know how you are doing

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X