Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sad

Hi Everyone,
    I am so sad, I never thought this would be me! I have always been able to quit doing things that hurt me or my loved ones. now that I am putting this into words I don't know why I am so surprised that something else has taken over my life. I just ordered the starter kit, and I'm hoping that it will help with the withdrawals. I am so tired of hurting the people I love, I have a good job, and a wonderful family, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. It is amazing how your alcohol soaked brain can lie to you or make excuses. I have enjoyed reading all of the comments, because I feel like you are talking to me! Wish me luck and if you have any comments please send them.

I'm so sad

Welcome!

I would suggest maybe reading the toolbox thread. There is valuable information there. Maybe someone can post the link so you can easily access it.

I just wanted to welcome you to the board. Keep reading and keep posting. You will find a ton of support here. We all understand what you are going through!!

Comment

I'm so sad

Hello & welcome! Congratulations on taking steps to redirect your life!

Here's a link for toolbox thread and another thread on having a plan.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I'm so sad

Need Help,
        Welcome -- take it ODAT. DRink lots of water, exercise, sleep, do whatever it takes NOT to drink.
        Free at Last
        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

I'm so sad

You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I'm so sad

Welcome need help to mwo, you have come to a great community with lots of good support & advice, read and read and post, you are not alone in this fight.Hope to see you around the boards.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm so sad

I'm new for the second time!

I can't do it by myself. I'm scared too, but knowing people like you are here helps. I feel the same way: I have a great family, sans husband for now, and a good job. I want to better my life. Let's do it together.:thanks::new:
              needhelp1191;1115060 wrote: Hi Everyone,
              I am so sad, I never thought this would be me! I have always been able to quit doing things that hurt me or my loved ones. now that I am putting this into words I don't know why I am so surprised that something else has taken over my life. I just ordered the starter kit, and I'm hoping that it will help with the withdrawals. I am so tired of hurting the people I love, I have a good job, and a wonderful family, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. It is amazing how your alcohol soaked brain can lie to you or make excuses. I have enjoyed reading all of the comments, because I feel like you are talking to me! Wish me luck and if you have any comments please send them.

Comment

I'm so sad

Gines and need help there is a toolbox in the monthly absence thread which will help you in this fight check it out and welcome again the both of you.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm so sad

I agree with Mario about the water intake, used to have a beer cemented in my hands at all times......now its water. Ive found out water does NOT give you a hangover.......and you dont turn into a different person.........crazy huh?

GL with your journey!
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I'm so sad

Welcome needhelp & Gines!

Glad you found us, this is a good place

In addition to the Tool Box thread be sure you also read the MWO book if you haven't already. You can download it right from the Health store here.

I know I was very sad when I first arrived here but that's changed. Life is not perfect but I am so personally happy & proud of my accomplishments - you can do it too

Wishing you both the best!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm so sad

Hi, I never thought I'd end up here either. It takes a lot of courage to admit that we need help. What's wonderful is that you can do this. You'll truly be able to enjoy the life you've worked so hard to achieve. Best of luck!

Comment

I'm so sad

Hi NH,
                        Glad you are here. I think most of us have felt the same as you. I know that we are all smart enough to know better, yet we get to a certain point on the road we knew would shouldn't travel. Welcome. There is SO MUCH support here. Looking forward to your posts!
                        SST

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
                        X