day one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day one

hi. i am on day one today. friend called my husband to say i needed help.
    she is right. i have been embarrassing myself and family for some time.

does anyone know a doctor in pittsburgh who can help me?
    i can only please one person a day. today is not your day. tomorrow doesn't look good either. :h

day one

I'm not in Pittsburgh, but I'm on Day one too, ast, so maybe we can cheer each other along. Fell off the wagon again at the weekend and trying not to beat myself up about it. Well done on Day 1 and I'm with you! Hoping to hear from someone who can help you about the doctor. I started what they call 'nutritional therapy' this week and I have to write down everything I eat (and drink) for two weeks and then I see her again.

One tip she gave me which is helping is to drink a pint of water first thing in the morning. Body temperature so that the body can absorb it quicker . And to make sure that I was drinking enough water through out the day. This is helping me with he cravings.

All the best
    Starta

Comment

day one

hi starta. good luck to you too. i am scared, but mostly embarrassed. feel like all
      my friends are talking and even strangers. i will def. try water this morning.
      i can only please one person a day. today is not your day. tomorrow doesn't look good either. :h

Comment

day one

:welcome: ast,

How much do you drink? Is it safe for you to stop suddenly?

If you need to find a doctor in Pittsburgh, perhaps you could start by Googling for clinics in your area that help with alcoholism/addiction treatment. Then start calling.

You need to formulate a plan that you can start on and work. That will give you some goals as you work your way through this and that is very helpful. Every little step forward will give you more and more confidence.

Also, read about MWO, poke among the threads and I know without a doubt you will find some that strike a chord and you can chime in.

Others will be along soon to welcome you.

We all know about the embarrassment and the shame. It is part and parcel of our addiction.

I am glad you are here. Stick around. There are many kind, caring and good people here to reach out to. You will be welcomed by all.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

day one

Hi AST
          You will definitely find love, encouragement and support here. We are all in the same boat and are here to help each other. Please relax and enjoy this wonderfull supportive friendly site. Everyone on this site has definitely cared, loved and supported me. If I can be of any help please talk to me and all the other wonderful friends here. So Love and Sunshine Always. Kaza xxx
          Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

day one

Joining you guys - day 1 again!!!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

day one

Did you do it

Ast, are you there. Did you do it? Just starting day 2, with no hangover. It's wonderful! x

Comment

day one

did it again

I'm so scared of the withdrawals, that I keep drinking! I work in the the health care field, so I have seen what can happen. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to loose my family or my job. I hurt my husband, mentally again last night! I feel like the biggest loser. I am waiting for the starter kit, I ordered it over the weekend. please help!

Comment

day one

Ast, Welcome. As Cinders and kaza said, there is lots of care and support here.
                  NeedHelp, maybe you could start a thread in the needhelpasap section and you would get more feedback from others. I hope you find something that works for you. Unfortunately I don't know much in this area except for my own personal experience. I've heard it's best to ween yourself off of the booze. Good luck!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

day one

thank you all. i am now on day four! going for al free forever.

saw a dr yesterday who was very helpful. kids just getting up. more later!

Comment

day one

congrats on day 4!!! This is when it gets good!
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

day one

Ast :goodjob: on day 4, the first few days are a massive acheivement,

Needhelp, do you need to see a medical person before stopping? Tapering helps hugely rather than just stopping, but please careful. You just need to keep a drink diary and cut down by a bit each day. It can take a wee while but if done slowly it helps. I found Kalms and ice cream helped too.
                        I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Working...
                        X