Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Hi,

I am trying to quit drinking again and am just looking for some support and recommendations. I quit drinking several years ago for 6 months but got back on the wagon. The realization came on Sunday night when I fell off a bike and hit my head on the road extremely hard. I scared my husband who wanted to take me to the hospital, but I was so drunk that all I wanted to do was sleep it off. Thankfully, nothing serious happened but it was the last straw for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1

Hi hopeful,

Great name! Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!

Sorry about your fall but maybe it happened for a reason! I found lots of great info & support here to help me meet my goals - you can do it too!

I started by reading the MWO book, you can download it right from the Health Store here on the site. Then take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great ideas to help you make your plan of action. We all have different needs so we all have to make a good plan that will meet those needs.

You quit before so you know you need to make a commitment & make changes in your thinking & routine. We are here for support Please feel free to visit the Newbies Nest thread for even more support!

Best wishes!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 1

Welcome, this is a wonderful site with LOADS of information, support and kindness. Post away or lurk, just know that you are welcome.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Day 1

My day 1 today to good luck hopefulrecovery x

Comment

Day 1

Hi tiredofthis,

Like your name too

What's your plan?
          You know about the Tool Box - right?

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for a while!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 1

Hi hopefulrecovery (love that name!) and hi again tired of this (love that name too!) Wishing you both well.

I agree with Lav's suggestions about the book and the Toolbox. I'm a fan of written plans, and also verbal affirmations to myself while looking in the mirror. Out loud.

hopeful, I can relate to the husband and the injury situation. I was drunk one time and had an accident (won't get into the details!) which almost severed one of my ears from my head. I was insisting I did not need to go to the emergency room. :egad: Thank goodness my husband knew better.

The good news is that you don't have to live that way any more if you don't want to.

Love yourself enough to not drink just for today.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X