Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have a Problem. I am here to solve it with God leading the way. Hello to all of you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have a Problem. I am here to solve it with God leading the way. Hello to all of you

Hi,
    I am a binge drinker. I drink when Im stressed and when I want to have fun. Then I drink alone and in excess. I don't drink every day, but atleast twice a week. Then I spend a few days recovering and feeling horrible inside and out. I am stronger than this. I have a great job and a beautiful little girl. I realized recently (in the last 3 days) that there is more to life than the feeling I get when I open a can of beer. I admitted to my fiance that I was drinking too much yesterday. He said he knew. I asked why he didn't bring it up to me at all. He said I would get mad when he has tried. I have overcome many bad situations in my life, I have a great job, and most importantly a daughter that I won't be able to hide hangover's from much longer. I don't want her to know me as someone who deals with life by smoking cigarette's and drinking till 3am on a weekday. I have asked God for help with this situation, and I found this site. I am determined to make this change, renew my sence of self, lose weight, and put this in my past as quickly as possible. There is More To Life, and I plan to experience it.
    Thank You for reading this, and any word of support is appreciated as I am not someone who will talk about this with friends or family. I have my sister and my fiance for support here at home, but this is where I will come for confort from those who know how it is when the time comes during the day to pass on that former comfort. Bless You All, :new:
    :lilheart:

Welcome MoretoLife,
    This is a great site, you'll love the honesty and comfort you find here. My favorite spot is the Newbie's Nest, check it out.
    Good luck on your journey. I'm working on it too.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! I love this site already! I will check out the Nest! Keep strong..

Comment

Hi MOre to Life,
        You find a wonderful site. It has helped me immensely and three is so much info and support here. 4myhealth is right, head to the newbies nest. NO matter where you post you will be welcome with open arms, kindness, and care. Glad you're here. Checkout the toolbox for some good ideas as well. See you soon!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Welcome More to life!

There sure is more to life than the mindless merry go round of numbing ourselves, and wasting away our precious life, spirit, soul, and being with alcohol. Alcohol is a liar, and is not your friend, or mine. It will rip us apart, destroy our relationships, and then slowly but surely kill us in a slow suicide.

But we can choose.
          Have a read of our Toolbox that Sunshine recommended. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes, and you can do this. G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

MoretoLife;1116114 wrote: Hi,
            I am a binge drinker. I drink when Im stressed and when I want to have fun. Then I drink alone and in excess. I don't drink every day, but atleast twice a week. Then I spend a few days recovering and feeling horrible inside and out. I am stronger than this. I have a great job and a beautiful little girl. I realized recently (in the last 3 days) that there is more to life than the feeling I get when I open a can of beer. I admitted to my fiance that I was drinking too much yesterday. He said he knew. I asked why he didn't bring it up to me at all. He said I would get mad when he has tried. I have overcome many bad situations in my life, I have a great job, and most importantly a daughter that I won't be able to hide hangover's from much longer. I don't want her to know me as someone who deals with life by smoking cigarette's and drinking till 3am on a weekday. I have asked God for help with this situation, and I found this site. I am determined to make this change, renew my sence of self, lose weight, and put this in my past as quickly as possible. There is More To Life, and I plan to experience it.
            Thank You for reading this, and any word of support is appreciated as I am not someone who will talk about this with friends or family. I have my sister and my fiance for support here at home, but this is where I will come for confort from those who know how it is when the time comes during the day to pass on that former comfort. Bless You All, :new:
            More2life

I can identify completely with your post, yes that was me but I was hiding from others - partners, employers etc since I don't have any children. Still very similar though, twice a week binges.

Comment

hi moretolife,
              i am like you, I don't drink everyday. Usually once a week but when I do drink i feel aweful. wether i have a hanover or not. my concience is a real killer as I don't feel like I should ever drink more than one glass of wine a night.

Instead, i drink once a week, one bottle a week and then I wish I could drink more.
              :hitme:
              Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

ha, should have read my post as there are a number of typo's. Oops, lol.
                :hitme:
                Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Welcome !!!.
                  Focus on your goal, your little kid. She need you. These is a long way and you ll be finish well !, trust in yourself.
                  I m like you, just drink once a week... but when i drink i can?t stop. Best Wishes, you can do it !
                  AF since 06/11/2011

Comment

Thank you all so much! I will begin reading the book and reviewing the tool box. So, I tell my fianc? about my problem and now (although he has known and did not say anything) he has been acting mad at me and called me a drunk during an argument. This definitely does not seem like the kind of support I need. I am furious w him, and feel alone now. But, on the brighter side this about me not him... And for my baby girl as well. Stay strong everyone, and please know how much I appreciate the support.

Comment

with you in spirit. it is definitely about you.

Comment

MoretoLife, my closest friend (he lives with me) used to call me drunk all the time. True, I was, but I hated when he called me that.

One of the things I love about being sober is it doesn't matter what anyone says about me or to me. I know who I am and I know how much work I have put into being sober.

So don't let what he said bother you - he is probably a little fearful of you becoming sober because you will change and maybe he is afaid of that. I think sometimes people would rather deal with what they know-even if they don't like it.

Make your focus you (and your daughter) and you will be amazed at your progress. My successes everyday keep me focused on staying sober.

Keep up the good work!:goodjob:
                        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hi Moretolife , we all say things in the middle of arguments that we wish we hadn't hopefully he will say sorry when the both of you can calm down. You are right this is about you, all the support in the world and will not be able to stop you drinking if you haven't grasped that . The only person that can stop you drinking is you , in the same way the only person that can make you drink is you . I used to use/blame everyone for reasons to drink , after any row with my Wife, always ended up with me heading to the pub
                          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

I too asked God (more like pleaded) for help with my drinking and it took a couple of years for me to find my way but I am doing it. Sometimes he works in mysterious ways and we have to be willing to do our part too. I too was so thankful I found this site. The people here are amazing and will help you thru this.
                            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Moreto,

:welcome: to this amazing site. I am so sorry to hear your BF called you a drunk and was
                              un-supportive. i hope he comes round in time. Is he a big drinker too?

Please keep coming back for amazing support. It took a while for me to allow myself to be selfish in sobering up, and focusing on me only. Which is ironic really, as my drinking was a different type of selfish!!

Sending you :l
                              I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Working...
                              X