I admitted it and said it outloud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a f**** alcoholic. What a rough day. But my BF was right, as soon as I said it outloud, I felt a weight off my shoulders.

AKwineo;1117678 wrote: I am a f**** alcoholic. What a rough day. But my BF was right, as soon as I said it outloud, I felt a weight off my shoulders.
    For addicts and alcoholics the physical dimension is best described by the allergy-like bodily reaction resulting in the compulsion to continue using substances after the initial use.

Comment

Morning AK,

Boy its a tough thing to say, its hard enough to admitt quietly in our head, but it take courage to say it out loud.

Well done, now hopefully a deep breath and with what ever it takes, you can start to try lead an new better life, the journey starts here.

Sending you a HUGE :l every one here will support you:l

xxxxx
      I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

AK, Hope your days starts to go uphill. There is so much support here. Wishing you well!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Thank you all for the support. I have been on this site for a while, but have never said it actually out loud. I tell you, once the words left my mouth, I felt a release. For the first time ever, I feel that I have started a new approach on a AF life. I can actually for the first time see myself living a AF life. I am addicted, I will stop, I will not be an addict.
          Asking for help is the hardest thing I have had to do. I actually had to ask BF not to leave me alone this weekend. I think that also showed that he see's my new commitment, and realized what a big problem the drink had become.
          I feel good today, and even though I am not sure I agree with the "spiritual" aspects of AA, I am going to go for the first time.

My name is AKwineo, and I am a alcoholic.

Comment

Working...
          X