Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one

:new:
    Hi, I came across this site last week, I think it's great. Day one for me all over again, 5 years of doing this, I'm getting pretty tired of it.
    I read the thread about the things we HATE about alcohol last night, it was AMAZING to hear everyone have the EXACT same loathes as me.
    Here we go, sober day here I come.

Day one

Ha Ha! Hi PJ,

I hear you loud and clear. I'm new here too and have had nothing but support from everyone. If you need CD's or the book, there are people out there offering to give these tools to you, all you have to do is ask. I have some CD's coming from Lav., one of the members here. Thanks Lav!
    I've had 10 yrs. of Day one, so hang in there and you will succeed! We're all here to help.
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Day one

YAY!!! PJ and Barb.... I still have my time under my belt... this time only since august of 2010 and I still struggle.... Now.. at this point I realize it's the psychological stuff playing in my head and not the physical aspects.... but it sure is great to know that there are others. Progress not perfection my friends my mom always tells me "you are the most beautiful you ever created, let your inner light shine". It helps me when I remember that because me and alcohol are NOT beautiful... they are very, very ugly together and I like looking in the mirror and being able to honestly see what my mama sees. I can't do that through a blur of alcohol....... I hope you both have a beautiful, AF free day.

Comment

Day one

Hi PJ,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
        I celebrated two years AF in March & I couldn't have done it without the support of this community!

The best place to start is by reading the MWO book. You can download it right from the Health store here on the site. Making a good plan for yourself is essential! Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great ideas.

The Newbies Nest is a comfy place to settle yourself while getting started
        Please know that you arte in good company, we all have had to face our demons & Day One!

You can do this

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day one

Hello there, I just wanted to say welcome to PlainJane, Barbara1234 & Rene1. This is to a fantastic site.
          Keep safe
          KTAB
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Day one

Welcome PlainJane, Barabara1234 & Rene1. This sight has made all the difference for me. A great source of strength. Keep posting and reading!

Jill
            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Day one

Hi PlainJane and :welcome: (also :welcome: to Rene and Barbara!)

I had to smile when reading what you said about the realization that we all experience the same things when it comes to our addiction! I used to think I was so clever and the only one who shopped at multiple liquor stores, put a few empties in different trash cans, etc. so "nobody would know I drink lots." :H I can still remember my shock when I figured out that nearly all of us did that!

You can do this. Believe in yourself.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day one

hi and weclome PlainJane, Barbara1234 & Rene1.
                as doggygirl says one of the amazing things about this site is realizing you are not alone. i too thought i was the only person in the world who behaved like i did with AL... the clever tricks to hide it and the awful feelings associated. one thing is for sure YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS. wishing you the very best in this journey
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Day one

Welcome to the site PlainJane. YOU CAN DO IT! If you put your mind to it, you can beat this addiction. I am on Day 3. I just got done taking a walk (wasn't that long, but it was a walk) and I even passed a bar (the bar that I finished my drinking days) But I didn't go in. A. because I only had a little over an half an hour till dinner, B. Didn't have my wallet (left it at home on purpose) and C. Didn't want to. Sometimes having a cold can have it advantages. Just hang in there! Come here as often as you need to.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day one

KTAB;1119294 wrote: Hello there, I just wanted to say welcome to PlainJane, Barbara1234 & Rene1. This is to a fantastic site.
                    Keep safe
                    KTAB
                    ditto! :welcome:
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Day one

Hello and good luck everyone. I have been here less than 2 months, and this site is/was a life saver for me. Lots of lovely people here to support you along the way as well.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Day one

Thank you so much everyone for the support This site seems like a new way to look at recovery, and I think I need to give a new way a try. Been going to AA for the last five years but keep on going out.
                        I am ordering the books and CD ASAP, but if anyone does have any that they want to get rid of I will most certainly take them off your hands
                        Day two AF, here goes Feeling very hopeful though, going to spend it with my son and hubby. Going for a run and then painting a dresser.

Comment

Day one

What's the saying about busy hands? I often found myself reaching for a bottle not just for the escape but because I was bored.... I've never had a lot of luck with AA. I know it works for millions of people however, I wasn't one. Even though I am new here, I love this site. There is so much awesome information and sharing. I too, am wanting to order the book and some CD's and would appreciate some feedback on which CD's people found the most inspiring..... I am very happy to hear about other people and how life is going. It helps to realize we are not alone and not judged in this site. Thanks everyone have a beautiful day, I am heading out to the mud (garden- it's raining!); I find the smell of wet earth refreshing and it never hurts to make a few mud pies..... hahahaha

Comment

Day one

Thank you so much to all of you that greet with open arms. Pretty dang awesome!!!

Comment

Day one

Welcome all,
                              Hope you all have success in your journey.
                              It may seem daunting to live life happily AF.
                              But "YES YOU CAN"

Life gets better and better when you remove the poison.
                              All the very best

Damo in Dublin
                              Still trying !!!
                              AF 25th June2014

Comment

Working...
                              X