Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BzzBee62 - Progress Thread

Barbara1234;1124012 wrote: Hi Bzzz, Scottish Lass,

Great job you guys going on day 4. No cravings??? What the Bzzzzz????? You're lucky.

Hi Mario, over 2 yrs. quite impressive indeed. What's your secret?
    Hi barbara1234, no secret,Not being funny but it came to a time when I just knew or hit the bottom and knew I had to stop, You could check out This was my life in the tell us your story thread, which details some of my lifes struggles and how I came here

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mario,

Where do I find the Toolbox? Is it part of the site, or something a member put together, can't find it. And I will check out your story....thx.
      THOUGHTS become THINGS
      choose the GOOD
      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Barbara Toolbox is in the monthly abstinence thread, its a sticky so its right at the top. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Barb - yes cravings! Distraction works for me and rewards - I made a plan which i posted - some great plans listed, but not sure how to post a link.
          I worked out my worst times and try to do something else - right now I would almost kill for a glass of wine (which would be just fine, but we all know where the one leads us), so reading posts like crazy and doing a little posting.
          I am trying to reward with little things for me - bought an orchid that sits beside my chair and is a constant reminder - using lotions etc to get my skin back to better days and feel like I am spoiling myself - will get a pedi on Sunday if I get thru Fri and Sat nights successfully - that sort of thing.....
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

scottish lass;1124260 wrote: Hi Barb - yes cravings! Distraction works for me and rewards - I made a plan which i posted - some great plans listed, but not sure how to post a link.
            I worked out my worst times and try to do something else - right now I would almost kill for a glass of wine (which would be just fine, but we all know where the one leads us), so reading posts like crazy and doing a little posting.
            I am trying to reward with little things for me - bought an orchid that sits beside my chair and is a constant reminder - using lotions etc to get my skin back to better days and feel like I am spoiling myself - will get a pedi on Sunday if I get thru Fri and Sat nights successfully - that sort of thing.....
            Hi scottish lass,

I almost buckled Fri. nite of the Memorial holiday, and again last night. The waves are almost insurmountable. Mine come quickly, they don't build up, so I am unprepared.
            I started heading for the store both times and pulled myself back in.
            I'm on day 11 today, and the stress at work is bad.
            I wish I could have a glass of wine too, just to relax, but I also wind up drinking 1-2 bottles, then get hungry and make poor choices and the cycle begins.
            I started exercising again. Don't know why I'm so exhausted, I thought I'd be running laps by day 11.
            Well still plan to hang in there. Good idea about the little rewards. I bought some skinny cow ice cream tonight as a reward. Is there an actual tool box supplied by the site? Well I know my plan will include many things that I want to remind myself of when I drink. Like being awake half the night after the wine wears off, and blowing off exercise cause I'm too tired to drag out of bed...oh there are volumes of reasons for me not to drink.
            Hang in there. Thank God for this site.....really
            THOUGHTS become THINGS
            choose the GOOD
            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi Barb - there is a forum called tool box that has lots of ideas etc that others have posted- a great resource. There is a starter kit of supplements/CD's etc that can help - I wanted to get it, but didn't have the $$$ at the time so just ordered a few things that I thought were the most importnat to me.
              I have started at the gym too, and have skinny cows in the freezer as well - think I will go get one RIGHT NOW! great idea!
              I found the plan post - it is in teh starting out section, but i have tried a couple of times and not managed to copy the link
              My last buckle was the Fri of Memorial weekend - so I had to start again on teh 29th - my birthday of all things - I am envious that you made it where I failed!! Oh well, on track again - and did not stop at the store.
              This site rocks, it is my lifeline right now - hopefully I can do as well as the team taht are counting years instead of day - such great role models!
              Keep it up - don't let the AL win!

Comment

Here is the plan blog....
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

Comment

and tool box - sorry for the multiple posts - still learning!!!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Thanks lass,

I will check them both out. With the support of everyone here we will make it in June for sure. I will be checking in daily, so.........here we go whooopie.
                    THOUGHTS become THINGS
                    choose the GOOD
                    ones!

Comment

Let's just say yesterday wasn't a success. Today was better, but not completely AF (I had 3 small shots of vodka earlier this evening). Tomorrow I'll start all over again from scratch. Am I upset? No, not really. I'll get there in the end.

Comment

Bzz - still success, no matter how you look at it - so well done!

Comment

Thanks Scottish Lass. I'm not entirely pleased, but it is a step forward.

With a bit more practice, I hope to get the drinking full under control.

I hope you're all doing well?

Comment

Stuggling tonight Bzzzz. Now we are both on our fourth attempt - this time around was my fourth and you started on your thrid, so together again. Hope it is going well for you, when I slipped, I got so much support due to getting right back in, and that is what you have done too - we both could have said to heck with it and made the most of the fall - instead, we picked up, dusted off and got back on....totally understand the not pleased, I wasn't either - but if you add up all the single days it works. End of May i was only on day 3, however over all May I managed 15 days - thats where I ended up putting my thoughts and it worked for my sense of accomplishment! Without this website I would not be aywhere as close to success as I think I am, and I really might fall a couple more times on the way - still it is better than the alternative!
                            Good luck Bzzzz...

Comment

Working...
                            X