Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first day here...

Hi Everyone,

I am new here to this site. I just want to stop drinking. I went through the Betty Ford Center in 1998 and did ok for three years, I did the AA thing and really just dont want to go back to that. I drink 2 to four glassed of wine on most any night and I just want to stop...I feel better, look better when I don't drink and know in my heart this is the very best for me. Thanks,
    Terri:new:

My first day here...

Welcome, welcome Taylor! Sounds like you have what it takes to abstain; you just need a little support. Well, you will definitely get it here. Please keep posting away and read, read, read. You might find the supplements suggested here to be very helpful.....
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My first day here...

lush wrote: Welcome, welcome Taylor! Sounds like you have what it takes to abstain; you just need a little support. Well, you will definitely get it here. Please keep posting away and read, read, read. You might find the supplements suggested here to be very helpful.....
      Yes, visit the health store. The supps, especially, Kudzu help reduce cravings.

Comment

My first day here...

Hi Taylor....
        My Name Is Michael And I'm Happy To See You Here.
        I'm New Too...
        I Trust That All Will Go Well With You.
        You Are At The Right Place For Support.
        Theres TONS Of Information Here To Keep You On Track.
        Just Remember Whenever Your Feeling Needy Just Stop In Here.
        Everyone Is Here To Help
        Life Without Drinking Is Life Worth Living.

Comment

My first day here...

Taylor,
          I started a couple of days ago (again) and hopefully I will stick to it. I tried it a couple of years ago and then slowly slid back into the drinking mode again. I never even realized it was happening until one hellish night/morning.
          I went to AA in the year 2001 and then 2005 and it it worrked for me only for awhile, I think this is more sustainable. Good luck. Keep reading. That is what I do.
          Yesterday I ordered the topamax, I guess it will be here around the 22nd. Until then I am listening to the CD's, taking the supplements and abstaining.
          I just want to feel good, mentally and physically- is that too much to ask? Sometimes it seems like it.

Anyway, good luck to us all.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

My first day here...

Hi Terri

Hi Terri- great to see you here too. I think I like you are trying to nip it in the bud before it becomes a greater problem - I'm new here too :welcome:
            I x
            Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened
            :whee:

Comment

My first day here...

Welcome
              This site is a great site, you can do it!
              Visit often..lots of support here
              Dan

Comment

My first day here...

Welcome Taylor :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find this site will provide such a important key to support you. I lurked for a long time before jumping in. I don't talk to anyone about my problems with alcohol; this is where I come to be honest (oh, so important), to share and most importantly to receive a huge amount of strength. I hope it'll be the same for you. Check out the Abstinence Forums (monthly and long term).

olly

Comment

My first day here...

Welcome Terri!

:welcome:

Hi Terri! I'm new here too! Just joined 3 days ago! AND this is Day 3 AF! Sounds as though you are doing a lot better than most of us if all you indulge in is 2-3 glasses of wine an evening......wish I could stop at that, but I know that for some of us it's about more than Quantity. It's about gaining control in our lives. As others have probably already stated, read RJ's book if you haven't already......buy the supplements, etc.

I, like you, have tried many times in the past 5 years to quit, moderate, etc. This is the Umpteenth time of withdrawal for me, but hopefully the last! I am very determined this time. I find that logging on to this forum everyday helps alot. Just having someone to share thoughts and experiences with makes you feel somewhat "accountable", but as others have stated......ultimately, it's about being accountable to ourselves.

Good Luck on your journey.......hope to see you back soon!

Scarlet

Comment

My first day here...

Hi Terri

I'm new too. It is very hard to admit that you have a drinking problem. My problem is with rum, I have other bottles here like wime, beer c.pane and other spirits which isn't s problem, but rum I drink like water.

I know its not healthy, and I really would like to stop.

Could you please talk to me too please. Need Help

Comment

Working...
                    X