Cold Turkey Detox Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

I'm back Day 2 going to try Cold Turkey. Wondering if anyone knows of a good healthy diet to help me get back on track. I really need to do this for me, my family but mostly for me. :thanks:
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

what about weight watchers online??
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

Welcome back bouchard,

Congrats on your 2 AF days!

In my opinion healthy eating is accomplished by incorporating all the food groups in your daily diet.

MyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home

Wishing you the best

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

I agree with Lavande. However, the first few days...probably week, I'm allowing myself to eat whatever I can tolerate. I have beat the heck out of my liver, so I'm trying to add a lot of lemon water and cruciferous veggies, but bottom line is eat what I can, try to make it not so horrible (limit white carbs and sweets, etc) but quite frankly, today is day 1 1/2 for me...really day 1, tapered yesterday, breakfast was: 1/2 white bagel with butter, snack was a piece of rye bread with swiss cheese, lunch just consisted of broccoli (which I forced myself to eat) and some mac and cheese, and I have lots of fruit and veggies on hand, but I got the broccoli down, so I feel like a champ.

Once I'm 'over the hump' I will do Weight Watchers, it's a solid diet that encourages whole grains and fruits and veggies. Just kinda hard to do when you exceed your daily points in booze each day....
        AF 9/28/11

Comment

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

I would recommend lots of fruit and veg, and grains. I think they have got it. Al the natural sugars in the fruit will be good, as well as the nutrients/vitamins will absorb quickly if eaten raw.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

Here's another food pyramid - Dr Weil's anti-inflamatory. skip the wine, obviously.
            Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

Any diet that appeals. I lost a bit of weight through Weight Watchers and the benefit for me was tracking all your food and drink, so that you can see how much you're eating and the horrendous amount of points in each glass of alcohol. It helped me to have a structure and attend the meetings for the weigh in, because when I felt like a drink I would be put off by the thought that I would've wasted my money by sabotaging the diet.
              Any diet where you have to make a plan and schedule what you eat should work.

Comment

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

Thank you for your suggestions .... Cold Turkey isn't going to work. Had too many side effects so I'm going to taper off but I will be here. Thanks again ....
                Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Cold Turkey Detox Diet

Vitamin B-100 complex, lots of gatoraide for rehydration. I couldnt do cold turkey, anxiety symptoms were way too much (and for whatever reason i get the runs!). Below is my personal experience i posted in another post with tapering. Good luck!

---

Disclaimer:

Always talk to your doctor, i am not a doctor nor in the medical field. That being said, i can provide you with my personal experience.

See this for some REAL information, not scare crap:

http : // hamsnetwork.org / taper /

Personal Experience (done this twice, yah i know i suck):

270lbs Male
                  30 years old
                  Drank about 12-16 shots of 40% vodka every night
                  Tapered 12
                  Tapered 8
                  Tapered 6
                  Tapered 4
                  Tapered 3
                  Tapered 1
                  No symptoms, off alcohol.
                  Take LOTS of VitaminB-100 complex and water

I will say it takes ALOT of willpower to taper. Symptoms were minor anxiety on the first day or two of tapering, decreasing slower helps. The real hard part is the mental game. Just one more, it wont hurt, you'll just take longer to taper, comeon..... shitfaced (crap! start over).

Whether or not you tell your wife, well, thats your call. There are good supportive women, and there are not so supportive women. I told mine and when i slipped up once she divorced me (hence the rebound to drinking). Since met a wonderful girl who loves me for me and doesnt crawl up my a$$ for things. So while it sucked to go through, in a way im thankful for the drinking and im thankful i've stopped.

Comment

Working...
                  X