1 year today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 year today!

Have not had time to post latley, very busy. But I wanted to let you all know it has been one year today. For all of you that think it is not going to happen or when will it happen, hang in there it will. I had to get to the point where I told myself it will happen and I gave it to God, knowing in his time he would get me there and he did. It's when you just can't see it or believe it that you get stuck in that vicious circle. As hard as it may sound you just have to believe your time will come and it will.

I can't tell you what a great feeling it is to be AF. It's funny I wake up some mornings still with that guilty feeling, then I remember I have nothing to feel guilty about and away the feeling goes. I lost 30 pounds also, not right away, as a matter of fact, I actually gained a pound a month for the first 6 or so months, I could not stop eating choclate, but Jan 2nd I told myself I am going to get in the best shape that I have ever been and I did it.

Every now and again I get that feeling for a glass of wine but it is only thought of for a second or two then it goes away. Even after a year, I still take it one day at a time, not ever getting to confident and always being on guard. I also thank the Lord everynight for another AF day. I continue to pray for all of you, this has been a God sent place for me, you have all been very encouraging through your posts and I want to Thank You for that.

Have a great AF day to all!
    Two

1 year today!

This is most AWESOMESS! A whole year without AL WELL PLAYED :goodjob:

Im gonna make 1 year my goal number 4, and even better you lost so much weight keep it up
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

1 year today!

Wow congratz twosox. It is something to be very very proud of and everyone here will be just as proud for you. Keep up the excellent work

Comment

1 year today!

CONGRATS TWOSOX ON YOUR 1 YEAR AF!!!!

It is a great feeling & well worth the work!
        Stay in touch with us, let us know how you are doing

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

1 year today!

Twosox I had tears in my eyes reading your post.......I am so happy to hear your great news. I too have great faith in God and your words have strengthened that.
          Very well done! :goodjob: Gives us all hope......ODAT is what we hear repeated here again and again, especially from people like yourself who 'know'.....way to go!!:h
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

1 year today!

Hi

A hugh congratulations to you, that is one mega achievement !!!

Take care luv Flo x
            Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

1 year today!

Twosox,

CONGRATULATIONS ON 1 YEAR ALCOHOL FREE!!

Wishing YOU Continued Happiness and Success!!

Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

1 year today!

twosox40;1127016 wrote: As hard as it may sound you just have to believe your time will come and it will.
                you have all been very encouraging through your posts and I want to Thank You for that.
                You deserve your hard fought for achievement. Congratulations!! May you inspire others with your words. Making others realize this is a doable thing is also an achievement . Be well & God bless.

Comment

1 year today!

CONGRATULATIONS ON AN AF YEAR!!

And your 30 lb loss and fitness gain! Awesome! Please share your success tips for those reaching for sobriety!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

1 year today!

Fantastic result twosox, well done on the AF and the weight loss :yougo::yougo::yougo:
                    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

1 year today!

Thats Awesome Twosox! You are an inspriration to all of us here:thumbs::thumbs:
                      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

1 year today!

GOOD JOB!

What a huge accomplishment!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

1 year today!

Congratulations....
                          Love reading these posts.
                          Be proud, its an amazing achievement, and great advice, we really need to stay on guard, its a tricky little bastard, trying to stay AF.

Damo (heading for 6 months AF ) in Dublin
                          Still trying !!!
                          AF 25th June2014

Comment

1 year today!

Twosox that is awsome!!!

:wd::happy::yay::wd::happy::yay:

That rocks, and gives us all so much hope and inspiration!!
                            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

1 year today!

Congratulations, one year alcohol free is brilliant and well done two sox :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X