Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Esteem Taken a BIG hit today

Hello,
    I've been moderating beautifully until today. Applyed for a job that i SHOULD have got but looks like I didn't. Must have been too confident or not confident enough or too this or too that. Gutted.
    Been moderating really well until now and now I've blown it.
    There's nothing to say really........................sorry

Muppett,

Don't be too hard on yourself. It is an extremely tough job market out there right now, at least it is in the States, let me tell you! Hubby and I are grateful everyday that we even have jobs, even if they are not considered our dream jobs.

It is never too late to make a change and put down the glass. Or resolve to start fresh as tomorrow is another day. I hope I don't sound too full of common phrases, but really, that's what it boils down to. We have all felt despair with AL and the most important thing is that you came here to post and that is the first step. You will find love and support here which will strengthen your posture against AL, at least it did for me and many many other members.

One of the senior members has a quote in his auto signature that goes something like this: if your dream shatters and breaks into a million pieces, don't be afraid to pick one up one of those pieces and start over.

That's kind of how I view this journey. If you mess up, you can always fix it. Always, in some way. Just start out small and take it day by day or hour by hour if need be! Come here and post and read as much as you can...it will help immensly! Good luck to you!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Thank you Blondafabition,
      i am feeling like shit tonight. Thought I was someone worth something. Someone who had somthing to offer the commercial world. What a fuckwit I turned out to be. The real world cant use me anyplace. I'm past my useby date. Part of me belives that and the other part doesn't. The heart keeps taking over the head.

Comment

That voice in your head that tells you that you are worthless is called your EGO and you have to push that voice away.. it is there to destroy your confidence. Try to still the voices in your head by shutting them down as soon as they start to rear their ugly heads. We learned to do that with our craving voices... remember.. that was hard to do but you must have been successful if you managed to moderate quite well for a while.

It is so disappointing when we are not chosen for a job that we felt perfect for.. we tend to take it personally. Remember that a lot of jobs advertised are already predecided before the interviews. The boss's daughter, the friend of a friend. We can't take it personally as much as our Ego wants us too.

Stay strong and keep reminding yourself that you are worthy of many great things. The time will come and good will come your way. If you can't do that then try to "Fake it 'til you feel it."

xoxo Tips
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thank you. A couple of tears down the face, but I'll get over it. AF tomorrrow x

Comment

You can do it! Again, tomorrow is another day and you will feel better knowing that you are back on track in the morning. It is morning here in the US and I can say that facing it sober is the best gift I have ever given myself. Take care and sleep well. Onwards to a more positive day tomorrow Mupp!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

ditto what others have said. try not to take it personally, after losing my job i was unemployed for over a year, applying for jobs that i was sure i was perfect for, even things i considered 'beneath me' . i got very disheartended and gave myself an excuse to drink.... which made me feel worse. just keep trying and try not to turn to alcohol.
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
              X