Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 month today and cravings are strong. How long until equilibrium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board, I am having a hard time in the past few days. I really miss drinking. How long was it for you to reach your equilibrium? Thanks!

CONGRATS on your one month AF Frenchman!

For me I believe it was around 3 months or so when my 'mind' settled down & I stopped thinking about drinking. I know it sounds like a long time ~ you need to be patient & wait it out

Some people seem to find inner peace sooner than others. Begin thinking in terms of Gratitude for being free of the poison - that helped me lots.

Wishing you continued success!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you Mollyka and Lavande! It is still very difficult for me indeed, especially in social settings and during my drinking hours of 7pm to 10pm! I am looking forward to the time where the triggers and cravings won't have such strong power on me. Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Hi Frenchman,

Wise words from Sheri as usual.
        Stick with it, I have found it difficult also but definitely worth it to fight it and stay AF.
        You will probably have a few more battles ahead but it does ease and the social thing does become more enjoyable as you go on.
        I had a tough time a short while back (5 months sober now ) but I took my sobriety for granted, which I cant do from now on, and negative thoughts came back and had what seemed like cravings.

But things are back on the up now and quitting alcohol is probably the best decision in my life I have ever made.

Keep going my friend, you wont regret it.

Damo in Dublin
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Hi Frenchman, yeah I think it was about 3 months for me too when I felt even. I think that's one of my main motivators of staying sober... I don't want to go through those first 30 days again. It gets easier for me now but I always have to remind myself I'm just a sip away from old problems. Congrats on 30 days!! It's really an amazing accomplishment to be proud of.

Comment

Working...
          X