Day 20 and I found Plenty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was doing a spring clean yesterday in my dressing room throwing lots of stuff out making more room. And guess what I found. You probably have already guessed. I found 4 bottles of wine, two bottles of bubbles and one BIG bottle of vodka, all empty of course. They were hidden in shoe boxes, wrapped up in old blankets, I cannot even remember hiding one of them. I would of had to climb up on my ladder to do all this. It is wonder I am still alive today. It is amazing how productive you come when sober I have been cleaning my house from top to bottom.

And it is amazing to see the insanity of your drinking when sober. I was holding some of the empty wine bottles in my hand just looking at them shaking my head in disbelief. God knows how long some of them had been there. Years maybe?

I have struggled the last few days not so much craving a drink but learning how to deal with emotions when sober.

I have not felt this happy with myself in a long time, so please come and join me in my new AF life! I promise it is worth the effort. I I can do it I know you can!! :l

I DO NOT DRINK AL ANYMORE!!! xxxx

It's fantastic that you are feeling so strong and Happy Mia. Congratulations on finding plenty!!

Comment

Well done Mia, you are doing great, I'm glad you are finding sobriety enjoyable, (including housework lol). I like how you are posting how you are feeling eachn day, irs good, like a journal, you willl be qble to look back & see your progress
      stay strong
      XX
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Well done mia, Your sounding a lot happier & stronger in your fight, keep moving forward and remember nothing changes if nothing changes.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mia, congrats on 20 days AF and your fABulous attitude about it!

Oh the insanity. I too found a lot of crazy stuff when I stopped drinking. :H I'm glad I dont' have to live like that any more.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Oy, I'm still worried about what I might find. Have been looking in some old spots, nothing so far, but I don't want my husband to find anything before I do.

Congrats on day 20! I"m on day 5.

Comment

Working...
            X