All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Juja--You are so strong to stay away from the drink after last night! Is your mother in a home? I hope she's doing better today.

Shue--I think you're one day ahead of me. Thanks for your encouragement to me and everyone else.

Clover--Congrats on day 11!

I'm still doing great and have no desire to drink.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

day one again for me.
      this time, i really want to be AF....of course, it isn't even noon yet and I always feel that way before noon....
      BUT, yesterday I went to my doctor and explained my alcohol dependancy.....I don't drink during the day but that bottle of wine a night is really getting me good and depressed, fat, and just not motivated to do anything....life is so boring with that bottle a night!!!
      I tried AA, I tried a therapist.....those just don't do it for me.
      So, she suggested i take Kloponin....i have the prescription waiting for me at the pharmacy. BUT, I don't like what I see on the internet about this drug. It is addictive and you have withdrawal when you stop. But I do have some serious anxiety which the wine helps to soothe.
      Anyone ever take kloponin? (or any other anxiety meds when stopping drinking)
      Just not sure I should go down that road. . . seems like one vice replacing another.
      I just won't anymore

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Jennie I don't take any meds and I've never heard of Kloponin. I would be hesitant to take something addictive though.

Sorry I'm no help!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hello all... I found my way over your way too see how you guys were doing!

Clover 11 days... Awesome!
          WS... Congrats as well...
          Keep in touch over on conquering 1 day... We miss you!

everyone else keep on plugging

I celebrated 10 days today!!! What a great support network!

Enough!
          Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Enough!;1149669 wrote: Hello all... I found my way over your way too see how you guys were doing!

Clover 11 days... Awesome!
            WS... Congrats as well...
            Keep in touch over on conquering 1 day... We miss you!

everyone else keep on plugging

I celebrated 10 days today!!! What a great support network!

Enough!
            Double digits! Congrats!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Another long day with Mom at the nursing home, and a doctor's appt. She was tired and irritated by the end of it, and so was I. I'm very glad I can help her, and I do a damn good job of it, too. BUT, I want a damn glass of cold chardonnay right now!!! I'm not having it, didn't even consider buying any on the way home, but I need to de-stress. So I'm here, ranting and raving, with seltzer water and lime. I can't wait til this passes. Thanks for listening.

Here's to Day 3 AF.
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

I am in awe of you
                You can do it
                Your mom would be so proud
                I just won't anymore

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Jenneich,

What a kind post; thank you, but please don't be in awe of me. I am a mere mortal, as are we all. I may fail yet in my struggle to be AF. Still looking toward 30 days....

Juja
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Juja, I'm dealing with a sick family member, too, so I completely understand! My stress and anxiety have been through the roof today. My 20-year-old son has some mysterious ailment and has had bloodwork, x-rays, etc. and we're still not sure exactly what is going on, but I think we're getting closer. But it was an awful day and I'm SO glad it is nearly over. The good news .... no the great news .... is that I have not had a drop of alcohol. So even though lucky day 11 was a terribly unpleasant one, I didn't drink. I am exhausted, though, and will probably hit the hay very soon. Hang in there, Juja .... I'm right here with you!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hi Juja and Clover

I'm so sorry you're both going through such a stressful time - but well done to both of you for staying off the drink.

Just a little tip to help with the stress (I had councelling a year or so ago and was advised to do this and it really helps!). Take a really deep breath and then let it out really, really slowly. Do this two or three times. It makes you feel really calm and a little light headed too - which is a great replacement for the initial buzz of a cold Chardonay!!

Thinking of you both - you're doing great!
                      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Clover,

My stress can't possibly compare to yours. My mother's had a long life; your son is only 20. I'm not a mother, so I can't understand the fear and desperation you must feel, but have seen it in others. You're the one who deserves the AF badge of honor. Regardless, I wish your son well, and sincerely hope a diagnosis, with a cure, is forthcoming. Congrats, too, on day 11. We'll see about Day 4 for me.

Snapdragon,

Thanks for taking time to reply to both of us.

Oh, today's the headache day. I always get one about this time when I'm AF. I didn't expect all the nightmares last night, though. Could be the stressors in my life.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Juja--I've been through the same thing with a sick elderly parent. It is incredibly stressing! I know how you feel. Stay strong and give yourself some credit. I can easily remember drinking (a lot) to take away the stress of the day, but it really doesn't make things easier. Thinking of you.

Clover--How is your son feeling today? You are amazing! Way to go with kicking Day 11's ass to the curb! Onward to day 12!

Jennie--How are you doing today? Did you make it through the night? We want to hear either way.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hey peeps...just read through last few days of this thread...my heart goes out to those of you who have been struggling on this journey...I'm just gonna say this...I finally got to Day 10 and what do I do? Drink 2 large glasses of red wine!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!? I have no bloody excuse...just caved! I just want to say to all of you with REALLY stressful stuff...I apologise for being crap again...and you inspire me xx
                            ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

For those of you who haven't seen my other post....I fell off the Wagon. While it's hard for me to come here and say this, especially since I started this thread, I feel that I need to. The little Monster got to me and said..."You are alone in the house, put on some classical music and have a glass". Well, the glass turned into almost 2 bottles and I felt like hell today. I missed work, I felt physically ill all day and I don't even want to talk about the emotions from this. So if you are thinking about having a drink and that little voice starts talking to you.....DON'T LISTEN TO IT! I need to get serious about this situation and do some drastic things to make the progess that I want to make. Sorry to have to post this but you guys are awesome and I'm on Day 1 again but I'm not having anymore Day No. 1s!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

WS...right beside you mate..xx
                                ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Working...
                                X