All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Yay, SarahJane! I remember when my kids were little and I did not drink at all that parties and get-togethers were actually more fun. I'm basically an introvert and find that even though those first few glasses of wine help me loosen up, I just CANNOT stop once I get started. I can't stand the thought of myself being around people all sloppy and stupid, loud and obnoxious. And the very thought of the next day is horrible. It's much better to go out and socialize, have a bit of fun, and leave early, still feeling good about yourself! Keep on keeping on!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

SJ - I am soooo happy you had a good time and without the wine!!!!! I thought of you this morning and have been wondering how it went. Honestly, this is a big deal! I haven't made it through a social situation yet, where I didn't cave in but reading your post has made me know that it is possible and so much better. Day 12 and No more Day 1's for us!!!!! I was also listeining to Amy Winehouse yesterday and I am still so saddened by her death. I read something that said that she had died from alcohol withdrawl (not sure if it's true).

Clover - I hope is going well for you. How is your Son doing? Better I hope. I know what you mean about not being able to stop once you get started. That's my big problem....but we have the choice not to start.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sober Sunday!!!! I'm going shopping then coming home and weeding the garden. Looking forward to going back to the gym tomorrow. I just can't wait to have some energy!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Just a quick check in with all of you wonderful people!

Work party yesterday at a bar for 4 hours. I drank water and took photos and chatted. I felt pretty strong. Then I drove home safe and sober. Barbecue/party at my house in about 4 hours. All food is prepared and I'm ready to go!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Well done SJ, Fly, WS, Clover et al...another AL weekend with it's arse kicked :bum:

Hello Margaret :hallo:

x
          ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

FlyAway.....good going on the party and staying AF....another BIG accomplishment for us this weekend!!!

QB - I thought the same thing this morning.....it was my second Sunday morning being sober. I honestly did think about a glass of wine this afternoon.....it's Sunday, Sunny, neighbors out by the pool...all major triggers for me. Then I thought about tomorrow being Day 13, about how upset I would be with myself and the fact that I'm almost 1/2 to 30 days. Also, I bought some cute pink shorts and a new shirt for running and want to go to the gym tomorrow.....soooooooo I'm sipping on a club soda with lime, mint and rosemary instead. I also though if SJ can get through a party without giving in to the wine, then I don't need eaither! What can I say.......you guys motivate me!!!!!!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Yay WS.....sounds good...I'm liking your thinking! I'm also liking the sound of rosemary in that drink....think I'll try it tomorrow.
              Those triggers sound very similar...except I'm nowhere near a pool...but do walks by the river everyda at the moment while I;m caring for my friend's dog...
              sometimes its the good times with wine and friends and sunshine that I miss so much....except of course I can't just stick with one or two and it all ends up going BLAH!!1
              Still....love the bright wide awakey mornings and energy to do stuff...so am sticking with that at the mo!
              PS...I have a date next weekend....GULP!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Just checking in before I head to bed. Have just watched a movie with my 17 year old- normally had too much wine on a Sunday night to do that.
                WS & anyone else who has any health & fitness goals- check out the Awesome AF August thread in Focus on Fitness- we are going to blitz our wobbly bits etc this month & have a good laugh while we are at it- with loads of support & encouragement.
                Night all.
                SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

And QB- a date! Very exciting- were are you going?
                  SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Queenbug, fill us in. How did this date come about? Are you nervous? Oooooooh! Exciting!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Yeah QB.....we want to hear about this date (I'm married and my kids are grown so I have to get my kicks somehow).

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Joining in

this is the one post that i have followed when possible - and i am so proud of you all! this is a great group and i will join tomorrow - i am gettig geared up for me 30 days to start Aug 1st. I am finishing a very hard July, and a lot (but less than i thought) drinking in July for many reasons, and commited to come back and start again - this is my commitment - 22 days is my record so far and would love to beat it....getting in gear for tomorrow and looking forward to day one (again) and with the great group here i know i can do this.....
                        last day drinking - enjoying a lovely glass of red - know i will hate myself tomorrow - and looking so forward to the future - off to order the CD's now, only thing i did not do last time:l
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

SJ, Daisy WS....got to dash out but will full you in later...and still...again...gulp! x

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Good Morning, Everyone! I can't believe August is already here. And it's been over 3 weeks since I've had a drink. Looking back, it really did go by very quickly. I'm still tired by the afternoon and having mood swings. But I still feel very, very grateful and is such a pleasure to just wake up feeling good every morning!

My son is not really doing any better. He has a doctor's appointment this morning, and I'm going with him and get some answers. If he goes by himself or with his dad, it seems like neither one of them pay any attention to what the doctor says and, of course, they don't ask any questions. This situation is very depressing and I cried quite a bit yesterday - it's awful to see your kid in pain.

I hope everyone has a great and sober Monday!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

WineSucks--Congrats on doing battle with the alcohol voice and winning! Thirteen days is fabulous!

Queenbug--Can't wait to hear about your date!

SarahJane--There has been a real change of tone to your posts and you have such strength now. Someone said on here once that for some people, there's an event that makes them stop drinking. I really think driving hung over with your daughter was that event for you. If you ever feel week, reread that post. It seems like a switch has been turned off for you and you have more determination than ever.

Scottish Lass--Welcome to MWO! I'm glad to hear that you're getting the CDs and working on a plan.

Clover--I'm so sorry to hear that your son is still not doing well, but you're handling it without alcohol. Booze would only be making this worse. You are amazingly strong and it makes me happy to read your posts and see your gratitude.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hya peeps!
                                Clover...my heart is with you re. your son...must be so hard...
                                Well...date....I'm panicking already....went to get a few new bits today as a reward for not spending money on wine....but it just made me feel even crappier cos of this goddam wine belly...I'm a size bigger everywhere and that sucks!!! so....perhaps I'll put it off for a week or so in the hope that I can get a bit trimmer...
                                He's a friend who's been really supportive over the last fairly traumatic two years...rarely drinks, is working and earning, very kind, we laugh a lot together. has had interesting life, well travelled...god knows what he sees in me....and he's a bit younger...suggested an evening outin a date kind of way as opposed to our normal just hanging out/spending time together, one of the few people apart from my kids who knows I'm doing this...

think I might have just talked myself totally out of the whole idea....

Comment

Working...
                                X