All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Good Evening, Ladies .... and good night! I wanted to check in before heading to the couch/bed. I am SO tired! I had to take my daughter to the after-hours doc tonight. She was at band camp until after 5 and came home with symptoms of a urinary tract infection. Long story short, that's what she has and we're finally home and she, naturally, wants the computer.

I'm glad to see so many of us here again tonight! One of these nights, I'm going to get on and NOT say I'm tired! But, hopefully, I will be able to keep saying I Am Sober!!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Clover;1157774 wrote: Good Evening, Ladies .... and good night! I wanted to check in before heading to the couch/bed. I am SO tired! I had to take my daughter to the after-hours doc tonight. She was at band camp until after 5 and came home with symptoms of a urinary tract infection. Long story short, that's what she has and we're finally home and she, naturally, wants the computer.

I'm glad to see so many of us here again tonight! One of these nights, I'm going to get on and NOT say I'm tired! But, hopefully, I will be able to keep saying I Am Sober!!
      It would be great if you could be on here longer Clover, but hearing that you're sober is really what we're hoping you'll tell us! :h Great job!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hey Everyone.....Just wanted to check in and say hello. It's almost 12 a.m here and I'm settling down for the evening...glad to see everyone is here and sober ! I'll check in tomorrow!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Day 3 almost done, 10% of way to 30 days . Temptation hanging around, waiting for supplements and CD's to arrive - turning in soon to hope for a good nights sleep - rest well everyone, and good Thursday to those who are starting the new day...
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Day 7 for me! I just wanted to say thanks to you all. I've been following this thread for the past week and you all are an inspiration. On to Day 8!
            ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Mornin!.. day 6 and off to airport in few hours to pick up my travelling girl....am REALLY nervous and up early just trying to stay calm we had some rocky times before she left, culminating in her moving in with her dad...but we seem to have chatted more with half a world between us than we could in the same country, and now she seems as though she's really looking forward to seeing me and staying for a few days...actually asked for some time with me! I really hope I don't mess it up in my usual style!!
              Right...onwards and upwards...have a good safe day peeps xx
              ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Doing great

Hi lovely sober people! :h
                Am doing great, think am Day 12. This is where I have come unstuck before as have let the 'just one drink' monster into my headspace- not this time! I love this thread- it is great to see how well everyone is doing. I never want to see Day 1 again & am feeling strong. Got new batch of supps yesterday including some Rhodiola which I haven't taken for a couple of years, I find it fab for lifting my mood & feeling good again.
                Am eating very well, have settled into the way I need to eat to be fit, strong & shift the flab. Want to lose 10 pounds this month, but even 1 would be progress! The wine belly, wine bottom, wine hips- all has to go. Sugar hasn't helped so that is gone now. I ate too much sugar last weekend & put on weight. In the past I have talked myself into drinking as 'it is better for me than bad food!' I need to lose 30 pounds before I run the marathon in December- a tall order but feel as if I am on the right path now.

QB have a lovely time with your daughter- sounds like a bit of distance has helped.
                Margaret great work on Day 7! It's a biggy.
                ScottishLass- Day 3- you are well on your way. Stay strong!
                WS- Hello!
                Clover- you have been challenged with sick children- hope you get some rest & you will not be tired for much longer! How is your son doing? Lymes disease is very common where I live. One of my colleagues who is a Naturopath treats alot of it. She says that detoxing is very important after the antiiotics have finished- to clear the infection completely. She uses lots of Chlorella with much success.
                Fly you are such a great support. How are you doing?
                Hi to everyone else.

Must go for my run now- 4 miles today & then need to do 6 on Saturday. Will do crosstraining/strength tomorrow.
                Have a great day everyone.
                SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Good Morning, Everyone! I got a good night's sleep and am feeling just fine. It seems now that I am becoming a morning person again, considering I no longer put 1 -2 bottles of wine away on any given night. Being a morning person is great! I'm hoping my girl will feel better today; I've had u.t.i.'s before and they usually clear up quickly. My son is an entirely different story. He did something yesterday that has me so furious I'm ready to give up on him. Yes, he is ill, but he messed up big time and I think for the sake of my nerves and sobriety, I need to just stay away from him for a while.

SarahJane, even though I'm pissed off at my son, I would greatly appreciate any other information you might be able to get from your colleague regarding Lymes. Good for you, running, eating well, getting in shape! I need to get my ass in gear, too!

Queenbug, enjoy the visit with your daughter! She will probably love being around you sober. My daughter and I are getting along really great since I stopped drinking. I used to attribute our arguments to her being a moody teenager ... and she can be .... but it was mostly her being upset at me being drunk.

Scottish Lass and Margaret, it seems like yesterday I was back on yet another Day 1, which very quickly turned into a week and now .... 27 days! Please keep checking in here every day, I think it helps SO much. We really can keep each other going!

Okay, Ladies .... I'm off to the salt mines. I hope you all have a lovely, sober Thursday!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Good Morning WS, SL, and Margaret! Stay strong and stay happy!

Queen--I'll be thinking of you today and hope that all goes well with your daughter. You don't have to be perfect, just be you and be honest. What more can you do?

SJ--Wow, the resolve in your voice is so powerful! You are a machine with your workouts. I wish I could get my flabby butt up off the couch. Congrats on Day 12!

Clover--I'm so sorry for the stress your son is causing you. It's a tricky time during that transition from being a child to being an independent adult. I agree with you that making some distance would serve you well. I have a friend who is going through some incredibly trying times with his son. Letting him suffer the consequences of his actions can be one of the toughest things to do. I hope that your daughter is feeling better today. Strength and positive energy to you!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hey my Peeps! End of Day 16 for me and I was a little tired today. Went kayaking this evening with one of my friends and it was so peaceful but I'm tired now!

Scottish Lass - Day No. 3 was always hard for me....once you get over that hump, it should get easier.

Margaret - WAY TO GO! Hang in here with us...we keep each other motivated.

Fly, Juja, SJ, Clover and Shue - Glad to see you are all haning in there!

Getting ready to make dinner and relax with my HB....watching Shark Week!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Queenie is probably sleeping now, but I'm hoping it all went well with her daughter. :h

WS--Way to go on Day 16! I love kayaking. What a great way to destress.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

I was wondering about Queenie too...hopefully she'll have some time to check in.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hello, Ladies! I just got home a few minutes ago and wanted to check in. I worked until 5 and then headed over to my daughter's high school to help out with band camp. It was incredibly hot, muggy and buggy, but such a pleasure to be there (SOBER) to watch the kids practice and help them get ready for marching season.

I'm very happy to see everyone here and glad to be able to check in at least. I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing Friday evening to just hang around my house and take some time to catch up on all of the messages here!

I hope you all are having a lovely, sober evening and will see you tomorrow!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hi Clover! Boy, you keep busy. I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well and that you're really able to enjoy and fully appreciate the time spent with your family.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Good Morning, Everyone!

Hi, FlyAway! Yes, I have been keeping busy; it helps to keep my thoughts away from drinking. I love being around my daughter and we're getting along SO well now.

I am sure glad it's Friday. Just a few short weeks ago, Friday scared the be-jeebers out of me because that was my night to get blotto. But now it just seems like a wonderful night to relax, with 2 days off from work to look forward to.

I hope every has a wonderful, sober Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X