• Show
Clear All

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Thx, juja ... Whatever it is, I'll find a way to deal with it.:thanks:
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hi girls,
      I've been worried about all the relapses, so I spent last night using Stumble Upon with my topics sent only to substance abuse to read more about addiction and brain chemistry. I highly recommend poking around the net for that information. It became even more clear to me that our brains are not only wired differently from the start, but that alcohol re-wires them even more to want to drink and keep drinking.
      Even though I am four weeks tomorrow, I know that I need to be vigilant every day.

I may not be able to post much as the semester begins today and I will be somewhat swamped at work, but want to let you know I'll be checking in as frequently as I can.

Juja, western Va? North or south in Virginia? We may not be far apart at all.
      Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

2.42pm DAY 1.
        Shueaddict, don't you dare beat yourself up over the AL. It is some of your posts that had me crying with inspiration over the last couple of weeks so Girl, get back up on that wagon and go like hell ! You can do it. I have to say only for you all, I would not even want to try and go AF. Stay AF Girlies -
        Beautifullife - here we go with DAY 1 Sweetheart xxxxxxxx

Thanks to you all,
        Cailinog74

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Ladies,

Maybe it's something in the air--changing of seasons, changing of lives, family problems, work problems--that's making us all a bit wobbly. All I know is that my cravings are getting worse.

As I told you, we're leaving for vacation on Friday, and I'm feeling anxious as I begin packing. Seriously anxious. Weird. This is supposed be fun, and it doesn't feel that way at all. I feel very, very unsettled. I think I'll stop for awhile, and do something normal.

tonstant--I PM'd you about my location. I don't mean to slight anyone; I just don't want the whole world to know who I might be. This is my private place.

Have a good one.
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hey Ladies,
            Relapses are unfortunately part of the ongoing process to AL freedom. We've all been there and while we all recognise the damage AL causes in our lives it can be a real bitch letting go indefinitely!! The main thing is to keep coming back to this safe, warm place full of supportive lovely ladies who understand and never judge. I've done 3 socials this weekend where everyone around me has been boozing and the initial novelty of sipping Appletize and playing chauffeur is wearing really thin and starting to irritate me.. Going into week 4 tomorrow and my brain is playing tricks and starting to question whether I MIGHT be able to moderate - dangerous territory I know. I think I'm just tired of being a good girl - (whatever that is!!) - Must stop feeling despondent and like I'm missing out on something and refocus
            You are all in my thoughts and for those like me who are feeling a bit wobbly, stay strong, tomorrows another day and hopefully an AL free one!! Best foot forward..... xx

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hi everyone,
              Long, long day today. 13 hours at work complicated by my husband going to his doctor and then being admitted to the hospital. Apparently he had a heart attack a few days ago. He hasn't been feeling well, but we never suspected this. He's ok, just in the hospital for tests.
              Anyway, so glad I wasn't hung over or craving the wine; it really isn't worth it.
              Twinkle - stay on the straight and narrow, you won't regret it. You really aren't missing out on anything by not getting drunk.
              Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Tonst - Really sorry to hear about your HB and hope he makes a speedy recovery. I know you're right about staying on the S and N. It's just that I've never challenged myself to a period of abstinence as I was adamant I didn't have the will power to succeed. My 30 days are up next week and I'm scared that I don't have a plan. What's next? In a way I wish I'd had a couple of relapses which would settle the matter that I CANNOT moderate ever. Must stop thinking about it and like you say, I'm definately not missing out on anything by not drinking and I've proved that to myself. (A glass of Fizz would be nice with my Xmas dinner though!! - Stop it Twinkle, you mustn't go there!!).

Ally - How are you doing babe? Been a few days and just checking all is well? x

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

tonstantweader;1170951 wrote:
                  Anyway, so glad I wasn't hung over or craving the wine; it really isn't worth it.
                  Twinkle - stay on the straight and narrow, you won't regret it. You really aren't missing out on anything by not getting drunk.
                  tonst> I can't count how many times an emergency has happened, and I wasn't loaded. Not once have I had to go to the ER with AL on my breath, or slurring my words. Something or somebody must have been looking out for me each time, and there have been many. Go figure.

I hope your DH will recover quickly, and all adjust.

It's a beautiful day, isn't it?
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

i am a weekend binge drinker.. i want to stop.. but, it has become such a habit.. for so long.. just a given .. that on Friday's and Saturdays and sometimes Sunday's... thats all me and my husband do. Its the only time we talk or have sex... and, if we don't drink.. we don't talk or have sex!!!! I'm always so afraid something will happen (family member in accident) and we will not be able to get to them. And, lately my husbands best friend and I have been flirting heavily behind the scenes when nobody is looking.. i hate myself when i sober up. I want to stop this pattern so bad but dont know what to do..

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Good morning all,

Happy to report my first 2 AF days while on holiday ... Ever...

I had some cravings, yes, but manageable, now that I feel that the bad hormones have left my body. God, It feels good to feel like myself again. So ... Lots of golf it was but steered clear of the 19th hole.

Today we're going to Greece and it will take a lot not to have any ouzo or rosE. I will check in here, that always helped to keep me on the S&N.

Love you all, will post some more later.
                      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

SHUE - You are now officially on a roll! Taking the first step is always the hardest and you've done it. Keep going girlie...I think you will really enjoy the islands much more as a sober babe!

Send pix, pls!
                        Sober for the Revolution!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Welcome Sot...

I was a weekend binger too. Until I also became a weekday binger. The hold that alcohol takes on us is insidious and progressive. It is a good thing you are looking for help before you are sucked in really deep. It sounds like you know that the path you see before you isn't where you should or really want to be heading. Recognition of a problem is half the battle. Now it's time to do something about it.

There are a lot of resources on this site and a lot of wisdom in the forum. Let us know how we can help...
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Tonst - wow...I hope your husband continues to get better. In a strange way...you are both now experiencing 'second' chances....Aren't you glad you aren't going to miss anymore of life (good, bad or whatever) by altering your brain with poison?
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Calling Cailinog....

How are you doing?

I hope you are in the midst of Day 2 on your side of the planet. Sending you good energy to keep going.
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hi girls,
                                TW- I hope your hubby is improving all the time- am thinking of you.
                                Shoe you are doing fab- keep reminding yourself of all the benefits of not having a drink.
                                Juju- you sound good.
                                Turn-my 'same day' buddy- how you doing? Am joining you on the Sober Sept thread. I have been thinking lately that I am fine & don't need to come here so often & maybe 1 drink wont do any harm. Alarm bells!!!!
                                I need to stay right here & stay strong. I am amazed that lots of my friends are now saying they are thinking of stopping AL- that if I can do it so can they- I was so worried that they would not include me etc. But it is very interesting- others are beginning to see what a difference it is making to me. I don't tell any of them that I had a 'problem' but that I need all my time & energy to get everything in my life done (exercise, kids , work, study etc) & that AL just got in the way.

Must go for my run-catch you all later.
                                SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                                X