All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Welcome back Shue.....we missed you! Italy sounds dreamy....I bet the food is wonderful. I've always wanted to go so hopefully I'll make it over some day. I think it's a good idea to quit while you are ahead, if thats the route you want to take.

Onward and Upward Ladies!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Winesuck, Merry Christmas,

Sadly I did not have the willpower to follow my own very good advice in Nov and did not stop for good -had a few ups and downs and I am still struggling to stay AF.

Just wanted to tell you that I would not be on the MWO if it wasn't for your heartfelt first post. And despite the fact that I am far from being " cured" I still think I have gained great perspective in MWO.

Thank you for that and wish you all the best.:h:h
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Aw Shue....thanks! I just happened to be on tonight and saw your post. I haven't been that great eaither. Not as bad as I was but not where I want to be eaither. I do feel different. Don't worry my friend....we will get where we need to be someday!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

We will get there someday ... Amen to that ... I still keep trying.

wish you wonderful holidays
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

We certainly will get there one day, my friends.

I was thinking about something someone posted, how one can't stop drinking, think that's it, and sit idle. It occured to me this a.m. that if I made some form of exercise a priority, maybe that would help fuel remaining AF. Once I get over this damned flu, I think I'll try it.

Luvs ya to the moon and back (sapphire):h
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Hi everyone. I've been gone a long time. My life ran away from me -- after 15 years working in the same job, there have been layoffs in my department and more likely to come or outsourcing of the whole department. So, lots of worries and a slide back into drinking to dull the anxiety or provide a quick route to relaxation. I can't do it anymore. I'm tired of AL adding to my weight, taking away from my sleep, making my eyes and skin look awful. It does provide temporary relief from my anxiety, but cruelly makes it worse at the same time. I'm going to buy a case of diet 7-Up to sip on instead of wine and read back though the pages of the thread to catch up. I need 30 days AF, but I'm going to be happy with getting through today!

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

Armed with thinking like that, you should do just fine, IMO setting some very small attainable goals is a GREAT way to get some traction. Success breeds success......Id suggest 1, 7, and then 30 days.

Wishing you all the strength needed to reach your goals
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

All I Want Is 30 Days AF

well nelz day 1 down so i have achieved one goal, the first of many one days and now aiming for day 7. love your posts they are a great read
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                  X