Everyone who has been sober 30 days or more PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jennyneric;1135579 wrote: I am 40 day's today with the supps and reading this forum, no meds, no cd's and several tries after I started in nov 2010 I have one 32 days and one 40 days and several 10 to 20 days. But most of my days are AF days since november 2010.
    Thats pretty awesome!

Comment

tlrgs;1135590 wrote: hi wannabefree .. i have been sober now for a very very very long time and i choose to be sober ..so ill tell ya it does get easy and yes there are always those days with their up's and downs but its all in the way you choose to handle them .. wishing everyone best of luck keep on trucking
      I love waking up with no hangover - got 8 hours of sleep last night!

Comment

Hi Wannabe free,

I have been sober for 3.5 years now. What made the difference? COMMITMENT !! Support is wonderful, the Tools are very helpful, but, at the end of the day it is up to you to commit to Your Own Sobriety, accept the Fact that getting sober and staying sober is not easy in the beginning but the Outcome of Living in Sobriety is Well Worth the Effort!

Best Wishes,
        Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

KateH1;1135648 wrote: Hi Wannabe free,

I have been sober for 3.5 years now. What made the difference? COMMITMENT !! Support is wonderful, the Tools are very helpful, but, at the end of the day it is up to you to commit to Your Own Sobriety, accept the Fact that getting sober and staying sober is not easy in the beginning but the Outcome of Living in Sobriety is Well Worth the Effort!

Best Wishes,
          Kate
          Thanks Kate!

Comment

Been sober 34 days now.

I only drank for 2 and a half years but I was fastly getting worse and worse. I quit then failed many times. Then I modded for a time and did pretty well upto the last two months (it was like I wasn't modding at all) and then on May 21, 2011 I had my final drink and I been af ever since. Now I know that I already posted, but forgot to add my story (oops). I did my quit without the meds, and used determination, willpower, and this board to get me to this point and beyond. Like the others said, every one's journey is different, one way may work for a person and for another one, it won't. I suggest pledging for 30 days and then pledge for 60 days and so on.

It its not too late to join my af June month club https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...une-50140.html
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi wanna, 892 days
              •77,068,800 seconds
              •1,284,480 minutes
              •21,408 hours
              •127 weeks (rounded down)
              But who is counting

I didn't follow any particular program but took the best that worked for me out of each program I used,..support from family & partner,AA,spiritual,willpower,mwo, and reading lots & lots about alcoholism, so far its worked for me,The main program you can use is yourself,make your sobriety your first & only priority at the start and the rest will follow through,be honest with yourself.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi I wanna,
                I've been sober 10 months. I got through it with commitment. While getting to the 10 month time... I at times struggled with people being on the fence. Now it doesn't bother me. At the end of the day it is up to me. I want to be AF full stop so I do whatever it takes to continue this.
                Take care,
                Choice

Comment

Hi Wanna and all lurkers that are afraid to jump in i have over 5 months now. i used this site , willpower and read Allen Carrs book the easy way to control alcohol ( something clicked inside me with that book ) . I didn't go AA or the Meds route but if i need to going forward i would getting sober and staying sober is priceless
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Just passed four years, and as everyone has said you need to find the path that works for you.

However, it all starts with admitting that we have a drinking problem to ourselves, and then being willing to put our sobriety before anything else. There will always be excuses to have a drink, but if sobriety is truly our number one priority we can always find a way.....
                    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hi, I joined this site last August in a pretty bad state, desperate for help and willing to do anything to get out of the mess I?d found myself in. It was my salvation and I don?t say that lightly. I?ve been AF since apart from two days, however I got back on the wagon pretty quick with support from the guys here, and I will never drink again. I used a mix of things, the supplements, healthy eating, exercise, odat, meditation etc but the key and central to success is the desire/attitude/drive to want to stop. Nobody can do it for you, only you and it doesn?t really matter at the end of the day what the efficacy stats are ? if you want it badly enough you will push through and do it.

Good luck.

Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

:happy:Yay, Yay, Yay, I am officially a part of this group, today is day 30 AF.

I am on 25mg of topa and it is working really well. I am still having some side effects but it's still worth it.

We had company both Friday night and Saturday night with alcohol involved and I chose not to participate in the drinking part and stuck with diet coke.

I am not going backward. Alcohol does nothing for me except make me gain weight and gives me a headache the next day.
                        :hitme:
                        Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Mimi!!!!!

Awesome......:day4:
                          THOUGHTS become THINGS
                          choose the GOOD
                          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

My last drink was on the 26th Jan 2011.

I only found this site the other day. I used the tradition detox, rehab route aand have been learning more and more every day.

Lots of hard work, mental strength and support is the key for me.
                            I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Day 31 yay

Barb thanks for the encouragement

Dave glad you found this website as it has been a help to me. The people here are awesome. The encouragement is priceless.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous summer day.
                              :hitme:
                              Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

mimi911;1138688 wrote: :happy:Yay, Yay, Yay, I am officially a part of this group, today is day 30 AF.
                                :yougo::yougo::yougo:

Congratulations on 30 Days AF Mimi!!! That ROCKS!

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X