DAY 28 and THIS IS MY FATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about to go out food shopping now. And I just thought how nice it is to get in my car and drive. That might sound silly, but when I was drinking the next morning I was hungover and even if I was not over the limit I was nervous to drive my mind and body was jumpy. Sometimes I would be driving and I would have to pull over and just take deep breaths because I was having a panic attack or I would turn on my radio really loud to try and just focus on trying to feel normal. Now I get in my car and have a great time. :H

I just want to say for those of you that are having a hard time with AL it is so worth it to be AF. I never ever thought I could do it but I have. My cravings are still there only in split seconds and not even every day they are getting less and less.

So come and join me on AF Journey.

I DO NOT DRINK AL ANYMORE. ONE DAY AT A TIME :l

That's great, Mia.
    I have often driven while feeling seedy from the night before. There is always the worry that you might still be over the limit if breathalised. It does feel great to drive sober and AF. This week one of my kids has a production on at school meaning I have to pick him up at 10pm each night. In the past, I would've tried to keep the drinking down, but would still have probably had one too many, and been trying to stay awake by 10pm. Now it feels great to easily stay awake, tidy the kitchen, watch some TV with the other kids and have them all sorted for bed before picking him up sober.

Comment

I am happy that you shared this - the anxiety and jumpiness is the most terrible feeling.
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Well done mia keep going your so worth it :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X