hi im new here :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi im new here :)

Well a little about myself. I'm 23 from newcastle (uk), a few year ago I was bulimic and then went to jail, since I got out I wanted to stop drinking but it didn't happen now today I am staying off the booze, its costing me too much, lending money aswell, I drink 8 cans of fosters every night, I don't know why I need it everynight but I know its bad for me, I've recently joined a gym and doing weightlifting, I've never thought I've had a problem I thought well I only drink on a night time so I can't be addicted - but I am even though its only at night- so today is my first day/night without booze and I'm going to stick at it not only for my self and my health but also with the money spent on booze ?80 per week or so I can take my girlfriend out have a nice meal (with water no pint!) And just enjoy myself, I just need to stop drinking and I'm going go!!

Glad I've found this site-hello everyone and good morning

hi im new here

Hi Geordie
    Welcome, you will find lots of friendship, encouragement, love and support here. You have come to the right place. Well done - you will get there, we have all been in the same place, at some time, we don't always succeed at first, but we keep trying until we do. Just turn to this site, any time of day or night and you will find support which we all need. Hang in there, it will all work out I promise you. Love and Sunshine Kaza x
    Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

hi im new here

Hi, Geordie, and welcome!

Glad you found this place. I am struggling, but going to a kind of rehab on July 5. They deal with substance abuse and mental health issues, so I am hoping this will be right for me.

Don't know what I'd do without the support of this site. Everyone is wonderful. Haven't been able to get back to AA in a month, but this site is so helpful!

Keep posting, and good luck. Sounds like you are really determined!!

TDN:welcome:
      "One day at a time."

Comment

hi im new here

Welcome. I am sort of new here, and this is DAY 8 for me without drinking wine. I can relate to the 8 beers nightly, as I was drinking a bottle of wine most nights, and sometimes two bottles. I realized that this is not who I am, and so I have decided to get back on track and stop for 30 days and then see how I feel about moderation or not picking it up again. Good luck to you, and stay strong. You can definitely do this!

Comment

hi im new here

Hey! Welcome! Where abouts in Newcastle are you!? It I'd hard but it's well worth it! Best thing to do is to stay away from places and people who trigger you to drink. Change your routine and go to the gym at witching hour! We're all here for you! Keep posting! And good luck.

Comment

hi im new here

Hello Geordie One and Welcome!

Alcohol costs a lot - not only financially. Good on you for wanting to make a positive change in your life.
            Enjoy your meal out with your girlfriend.
            Look forward to reading of you progress.

Best wishes
            Amelia
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

hi im new here

Welcome Geordie One. looking forward to hearing more from you.

Techie
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

hi im new here

Hi Geordie,

Welcome to MWO!
                Good for you for wanting to make a change in your life now!!!!

Please look at the Tool Box thread in the Monthly Abstinence section for lots of great ideas to help you make your plan. And please continue to post frequently ~ it really helps!

Wishing you the best!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi im new here

Hi geordie welcome to mwo, there are some other people here from newcastle so you are not alone in this battle, keep reading & posting we can all relate to what your going through.hope to see you around the boards.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

hi im new here

This is my first day............ good luck Geordie - you will get through this if you really want to. Perhaps we can help each other. My eldest son is almost the same age as you and I have to stop drinking before my children realise to what extent I do.

Comment

hi im new here

Hi Geordie!! Welcome, keep on posting, this is an awesome site with heaps of support. Best of luck with your journey, stay strong! x

Comment

Working...
                      X