failed the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed the first time

I tried (not wholeheartedly to be honest) to go AF at Easter for 30 days...good intentions but only managed a few days AF. Going to give it another go as of today...I am concerned for my health.

failed the first time

It will make be easier if you have a plan. What is your plan? How are you going to ensure that your going to be af for the next thirty days? Feel free to look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html . Also I learned over my journey to kick AL out of my life for good, that you have to give 100% determination and willingness to kick AL out of your life for good. You have to do it wholeheartedly and not halfheartedly.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

failed the first time

Hi sistah,

You never lose until you give up trying!

Make your sobriety your number one priority!
      Start out with a firm commitment, make a good plan & use the MWO CDs. They help you learn to relax without AL & to change your thinking

Stay close to MWO, post every day so you stay accountable. Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support. You can do this but you have to want to quit more than you want to drink.

Best wishes!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

failed the first time

Just stopping in to say hi:l

I can only echo what the others have said, you have to want to do this, planning is the key:l
        WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

failed the first time

Hi Sistah. Half hearted didn't get the job done for me either. I had to 100% accept that I am addicted to alcohol and as such, can never ever drink safely. I did not have that full committment the first time around, and I relapsed. (and then kept relapsing)

All of this is a learning experience. The only way to fail is to stop trying. You will get it if you make a plan, and then keep modifying it until it works.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

failed the first time

Hi Sistah,

Lets really go for it this time, wholeheartedly, you wont regret it.

Just get through today today, you CAN do it.

Wishing you the best.

Damo in Dublin
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

failed the first time

Hi Sistah

I know that halfhearted (and also threquarterhearted and even 99%hearted) feeling but unless it's 100% WHOLEhearted, it just 'aint going to happen.

Not preaching at ALL since I managed to quit for 3 months earlier this year but then went to Vegas for the weekend and, if I'm honest, always knew I'd have some drinks there (did manage to wait 2 whole days while there but still..) and then didn't have a plan for afterwards. The resolve started to quickly ebb away and by May/June, I had started to drink in what I term 'destructive' ways again. Now am back to AF but only on Day 3 and thinking about the full commitment thing a lot.

Glad you joined us - there's loads of people on here who've been where you have, who are where you're at and are now where you're heading (good and bad!). Keep on trying.
              Bean

Comment

failed the first time

Hi Sistah,

There is no "easy way" to get this done, it does take a committment that needs to be developed over time to deal with the curve balls life hands out which can throw us back to the bottles. Planning is key, and learning with each step forward. Good luck!
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

failed the first time

Hi sistah welcome, use the toolbox as said above,We can all do this keep posting and reading and you will see you are not alone, :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

failed the first time

please start af days again you will feel more confidend now

Comment

Working...
                    X