MIA's NUMBER ONE GOAL IN LIFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is to stay sober one day at a time. I am on day 42 and it gets easier and easier as I clock up my days.
    For anyone that thinks not drinking AL is going to be boring or lonely or nothing is going to be fun anymore I can tell you from my experience that was what I thought but I was so wrong. My life just keeps getting better and better and so rewarding and everything is more fun being AF. I promise :l

So day 42 how about you??? Go on come and join me I dare you

I DO NOT DRINK POISON ANYMORE :H

Great goal mia, its good to have a goal, you are doing fantastic and are motivating many others.its great reading your posts,well done again :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey Mia; I am taking you up on that dare.......somewhere out there I can hear day 42 calling my name.........it's a faint whisper but it's there. Haha
      Day 4 for me! and feeling pretty positive. You go Mia!!!!!!:goodjob:
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Well done Mia.
        You may not realise it but your optimism is very inspiring and great to read.

Keep up your great work

Damo in Dublin
        x
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Great positive attitude! Your words are inspiring and it is great to know there is life beyond booze. I am on day 5 and can now say that after many attempts I finally feel something has clicked and that now I am ready to enjoy life free of the burdens alcohol demands of us. I know that there will be many challenges ahead. Some known to me and some not. Wish I had your conviction and resolve. May I find it by living free and learning. Good on you Mia and I wish you many happy free days.:thanks:

Comment

Great encouragement ...

Day 4 here ...

42 here I come !!!
            AF July 4th 2011

Comment

DAY 43 FOR ME

It really is the simple things that I am enjoying in my new life one being all the money I have saved not buying POISON I spent it on a two hour massage yesterday. It was beautiful treating myself to something so yummy. And I really love my cup of tea in the morning now. When I was hungover which was nearly every morning it tasted sour.

I LOVE MY BODY SO I CHOOSE NOT TO PICK UP POISON AND POUR IT DOWN MY THROAT!

Comment

Fantastic stuff Mia!

As you can see, the treasures of living your truth, (a sober life) are just beginning to unfold before you. As we continue this amazing journey, i've found it is important to remain pro- active, and be a person of ACTION, as we grow, and repair our mind, body, and soul. But relaxing, and enjoying the journey with plenty of 'me' time is important too. And you're right, the sober life, whilst impossible for me to imagine a couple of years ago, now i'm living it, just get's better, and better, and better, no matter what life throws my way.

Keep it going. G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mia;1142916 wrote: I DO NOT DRINK POISON ANYMORE :H
                  Your posts are so inspiring Mia!

When you say alc is poison, it really is. Just this Tuesday, nursing a big hangover in bed, i could feel it running through my system: it affected how i felt, it affected my mind and i could feel my heart racing.
                  One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Thanks for the great inspiring posts Mia!

I just realized reading your post that I really enjoy my coffee in the morning now too! When I'm drinking I rarely have coffee b/c it just adds to my anxiety about the fact I'm hungover and it just doesn't taste good. Now I really enjoy it!

Have a wonderful sober evening.

Comment

I'm new, Mia and want to start today. Your posts have inspired me. Don't know how the day will go but I am so fed up with the POISON......I have a good De-Addiction doctor I'm seeing who has started me on Baclofen but I wish I could do it on my own as I am afraid of these medications. I have done it before and was FA for 14 months which was a really happy time but having slipped almost two years ago I have found it more difficult to stay FA for any great length of time. I know I should take it 'One day at a time' so I'm going to give this my best......

Comment

I just love my coffee in the morning. Yes it does not taste good when hungover. I did that this morning. Looking forward to my coffee tomorrow. Going to bed now AF.
                        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

DAY 44 AN ALCOHOL IS NO MORE

A a part of my life anymore. I am turning into a much calmer person, no panic attacks and feeling happier and a little skinnier!

I worked yesterday and on my way home the thought of AL did not even enter my brain hows that! Now that is progress for me. God when I was drinking that was my only thought coming home after work wine wine and more wine!!

MOONSOON please let me know how you are going if I can do it you can. You have been AF before so there is no stopping you! :l

So work again today. Over here in AUSTRALIA it is the most beautiful morning the sun is shinning and the birds are singing and guess who else is singing? ME!! :H

I LOVE ME! SO WHY WOULD I POISON IT??? WELL I DONT!!!!! :h

Comment

Running4life;1143442 wrote: I just love my coffee in the morning. Yes it does not taste good when hungover. I did that this morning. Looking forward to my coffee tomorrow. Going to bed now AF.
                            Running, i just love your avatar !
                            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Thankyou Eva.....still trying but something tells me it's going to happen soon...I so hope so....Monsoon
                              Well Done you!

Comment

Working...
                              X