scared and afraid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared and afraid

HI CCL, good job on AF'ing, I have those voices right now. I know the ice cream would help, it definitely helped me last AF time. Your sugar monster needs feeding, and AL is a sugar but so is ice cream with hot fudge. The ice cream can be a crutch, it's not worse than AL in calories and harm, it's something that you can use to stay AF until you feel stronger. The headache is from not drinking, you're starting to detox. Consider it an award, you only get the headache if you've been good! And if you stay good, it goes away! And no more hangovers.

Do the best you can, and keep telling yourself you're a good person.

Newday, I did the hypno CD's from MWO and it helped, but I did it with topiramate and the supplements at the same time, all at once. I just didn't keep it up. It WAS the first time in a decade I'd gone AF for four days however. And that gave me hope for a future of not passing out nightly.

Comment

scared and afraid

Thanks for all of the support. That nasty voice in my head is going nonstop, telling me that it's no big deal if I had some wine tonight, everyone slips up, I don't have to tell anyone if I slip. It's another 90 minutes until the liquor store closes...isn't it depressing that I know what time the local liquor stores close.

Comment

scared and afraid

Made it through day 5 and working on day 6. Had some exciting news this morning, I got a new job. It means selling my house and moving to another state, but I'll be closer to family which is what I need right now. So new job, new city, new home, new life.

So now instead of being scared and afraid, now I'm scared and excited.

Comment

scared and afraid

CCL- Congratulations on day 6 and the new job! How exciting. I admire your strength and your determination. Once again, I am going to try to do day 1 AF. Hope I can do as well as you.

Comment

Working...
          X