It's my health I am after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well 5 days AF once again. I have been on and off this board for a couple of years or so. Mostly drinking but w/ a few months off here and there. I have already dropped 5 pounds(water weight I'm sure) and have been able to stop blood pressure pills & my pressure is normal. I cut caffeine intake to 1 cup a day a few weeks ago with the intent of quitting the booze. I find w/o the caffeine pushing my anxiety it is easier to not drink. Drinking also causes depression in me and anxiety which is why I think I drink so damn much.
    Anyway I know that I also drink to relieve stress but know that is a short term fix that actually adds to my stress load. Exercise, little or no caffeine and not drinking is the road to regaining my health and believe me I have some things both physical and psychological to work through. Life is difficult and booze only complicates things for me. I hope to stay on this road long enough to see it is where I belong. I do appreciate a place like this where I can come and share my thoughts with others. I will stay closer to this board than I have recently.

Hyper, I'm 5 days AF also (this will be my 6th).

Alcohol creates anxiety and depression for me too. And, like you, I've had many attempts to drink without it affecting me negatively. I'm hoping this time is a success for me to stop altogether -- it feels different. I hope it is! You could join us in the Newbie's Nest - lots of support there!

Welcome back,

PS

Comment

Hi Guys

Day 6 here also PlaceSeeker ...

Day 4 and 5 were the hardest for me - emotions were horrible ..

BUT today is ok and I feel lighter and healthier ...

Keep the strength and Talk soon folks ...
      AF July 4th 2011

Comment

RBG, why don't you come over to the Newbie's Nest - lots of people early on in the process who can relate.

I've had a few rough spots - normally between about 5 and 7 - my normal cocktail hour. I find I'm super bitchy during that time - but what's a couple of hours when the rest are good (actually excellent - so much better than fighting a hangover until noon or later)!

May the force be with us.

Comment

Good for you Hypernova. You'll be feeling better soon. Having control feels great.

Good call about the caffeine. In February when I did my first 30 days, I drank copious amounts of caffeine and it did make me agitated and restless. I haven't managed to get it down to 1. I usually have 2 in the morning, sometimes one in the afternoon. I make a coffee after dinner and for me that's symbolic because if I was drinking I would pour another wine and sit for the evening. The coffee at that time means I won't drink. After that I don't drink any more coffee. Instead I use herbal teas with a night time one about 9pm.

Comment

Working...
          X