Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all....
    well, to answer your question Enough, today is not so good. I didn't sleep well (big surprise!) and woke up anxious etc. I have lots on my mind about my kids/job (or lack thereof at present) and other stuff. I did manage to keep reading the Carr book yesterday, but I find it somewhat dense in the points he tries to make. Is the Jason Vale book better?

Enough, you sound great and continue to be an inspiration for me. I hope your week continues to be good for you!

I want to feel as good tomorrow as I did yesterday...but it's really difficult to fight off the thought that just blotting it all out with AL will somehow make it better. I soooo know it won't, but the AL calls loudly. It's really ridiculous, isn't it? We all KNOW drinking does absolutely nothing for us, yet it's voice stays in the brain.

I know that I need to eat well, get some physical activity going, go to the doctor (I'm over a year since my last physical) and basically get my act together. Unless I stop drinking, I don't think any of those things will happen.

I remain grateful for all of you and this site, and I'm going to try and hang in there for today!:thanks:

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, the Things You Look At Change.....

Here's to Change!

Comment

Day 1!

Yippee! Almost bedtime, and no alcohol! Feels really, really good! Just wanted to share.....
      Hope all's well with everyone!

Here's to Change!

Comment

It's great when bedtime approaches on the first day isn't it? I've got some 13 or 14 hours to go . . . . . but with renewed resolve. Well done, it's fab to get that first day under the belt. Px
        Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Enough and the new ones on this thread,

I was away on business and handled it like a pro ... AF the whole way ... yes, plenty of AL thoughts ... the most difficult one to get out of my head was teh complimentary bottle of mini Moet in the nice hotel room ... I hid it in the closet ...

When I came back home I was exhausted - found that hubby has bought 3 bottles of white ( after asking him not to put any AL my way). He opened one, drank one glass and left it in the fridge. This is the "evidence" of his drinking on his own the previous night. My evidence would be rather different as you know.

My previous tired self would have been past the point of caring but my new self knows better. I had to move all bottles into the outdoor fridge - took junior + dog out for a walk.

It is still ODAT for me ... but many things have changed.

I wrote down my triggers and ways to ward them off

It is a long list

But I feel I am getting better

big hug to you all
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good morning!
            I finally made it 1 day totally alcohol free!!!!!!!! My goodness... I had to prove to myself that I do not need "a little bit of something".... Every single solitary day. It was my day off as well so I played the back and forth ...is it time yet... Maybe just a beer.... For hours! Really quite rediculous. Very antsy... But by 830 I decided I can pull this off! Then who walks in the door with not 1 but 4 bottles of red wine!!! Hubby! I stuck to my resolve and got my day in!

Shue... I totally feel your pain. As he is storing the bottles in the wine rack he actually says... Let's see if these can last more then 4 days. Arrrrrhhhhhhh. What an ass!

Of course does not notice the 4 bottles of pellogrino in the wine rack too! This is the same guy that says... You really need to cut back. Enough of that rant!

BC... Super congrats on your getting 2 day 2! Yeh... Go you!

Pat... Not sure if you are stacking days yet, but all the best.

All I can say is I made it to day 2 finally! To those out there with 30 or
            90 days... Great job.
            E!
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

wel done !!!!! Enough, that is huge !!! Keep the momentum going !!!
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hi all,

I think I'll jump on this thread and stick with it a while if you all do... I've wanted to meet some newbies. While their encouragement is great and always welcomed, many old timers and longer AF-ers simply respond with great job - look at the toolbox thread and read my posts and you'll do well! I want to "share" my experiences with those in my shoes now.

I have been tapering so as not to have seizures. Past year been a half 750ml straight shooter,which means about 17 shots an evening, either whiskey or vodka. I started a hypno CD I bought from Flora Clinics three nights ago. Started supplements a week ago. Last night I am pleased to say I only had (and only wanted) about 8 shots. Husband came home late and actually noticed how much I didn't drink. He's a heavy drinker too. I woke up this morning totally optimistic! My face looks fresh, my head isn't as foggy, and I'm having a great day at work! I didnt' think about alcohol on the drive home last night. I'm not worried about this weekend (yet). No shakes. WOW.

I am really excited about this new venture. I've been a night time drunk for 18 years (I'm 38) with it slowly getting worse every year. I have three kids (7, 6, and 2) and a husband of 10 years who I love, but wish he was into the hypno and vitamins with me.

Looking forward to seeing how you all are doing, and wondering how my night will be? Have a great day everyone!

Renee
                I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Yeh!
                  Go us
                  E!
                  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Renee.
                    You are welcome to join us here! We are a somewhat revolving group of mostly ladies... Always supportive and pretty positive. I am glad you shared your story and not sure how
                    much of the thread you read but we are similar.

I am also 38...married... Have 2 boys (9&13)... Have been drinking quite a bunch for as long as you. Last summer I began realizing my drinking was really an issue... Stopped... Modded... Have been working ever since to find peace with it and some balance. Wine is my thing... With vodka and tequila close friends. The evil friends that lead to a fast heartbeat and drymouth in the morning'almost every time we visit.

I had my first alcohol free day yesterday in months and months so we are in the same boat. I feel awesome ( and proud) today.
                    Stay in touch!
                    Enough

Comment

Enough!;1289024 wrote: I managed to cut WAY back the past 2 days and enjoyed the typical cutting back Sleep ( not so great ).
                      Are you taking anything for sleep? Melatonin? I know Ativan is addictive, but I've taken it on and off for years and still not addicted to it. Anyway, it's a great way to sleep if you only use it every so often.

Also - my hypno CDs help tremendously to relax me.
                      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

I recently discovered L-Theanine ( sun)
                        It is essentially an amino acid in green tea. I have been taking 100m once or twice a day and I truly believe it has lessened my anxiety and helped me sleep soundly. No side effects at all and I did my research it is very safe. Ativan is fine once in a while when things are over the top. That's just
                        my thoughts.
                        Give it a shot and let me know if it helps.
                        E!

Comment

Hey RainyDay

I am 37, just a londer for now until the drinking thingy gets behind me and I have atleast 30 days, I used to drink the hard stuff everyday sometimes from morninging until night on the weekends.
                          Wow no shakes that is good, I steel feel like Sh** even after 14 days AF.

Have the relaxation cd's , one I did notice that will help me sleep is if I have the noise of a fan on.
                          I am sure you will find great support here!

Comment

Thanks all... sleep for me actually hasn't been an issue yet. I lost more sleep before. Granted, I am not AF yet, still tapering. I wonder if I haven't gotten the shakes after a drastic decrease last night because I generally eat very well? not sure.

I have a doctor appt for a sinus infection this evening. Can't wait to get some antibiotics! I'm asking for the Topomax as another tool.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

Comment

Hi all! Thank you Patricia and Enough for your words of encouragement! And to you both, and Shue, we are all on the same path, and we all share the AF goal. I'm proud of all of us (and so many others on this thread and site).

Not much sleep last night, but I felt very relaxed, calm, and relieved not to drink. My day 2 has plodded along with vitamins, lots of seltzer with lemon, and always keeping hunger at bay. I have a busy evening so those 'witching hours' should go faster than they did last night. Although I'm tired today, my head already feels better, and my stomach isn't hurting the way it usually did. Talk about instant gratification for staying AF!

Let's keep it up people! And thank again for everything!

Here's to Change!

Comment

And a big hello and welcome to Rainyday! This is a fight well worth fighting! I have found this thread so helpful. I read it all the way through before jumping in and I'm really glad I did. Keep at it...progress keeps us moving ahead!: welcome:

Here's to Change!

Comment

Working...
                                X