Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Destiniey! I have read a lot of your posts around this entire site and you seem well on your way to 30 days and far beyond!

I have appreciated your ability to be open and honest with yourself and all of us!

Thanks again:thanks:

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, the Things You Look At Change.....

Here's to Change!

Comment

Awww...thanks Bc....that means alot to me!
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Back on day one here after a couple weeks....yikes...had a few and had a fight with hubby about it. Poor guy doesn't understand how hard it is to stop with the booze. I will redouble efforts. Hate myself today. One step at a time.......ughhhh...

Comment

Lola.....I was wondering where you were!!!!!!! I am glad you came back and posted....that is a great start. trust me when I tell you that you are not alone.....a bunch of us have caved lately....I am on day 3. Don't waste your energy beating yourself up....dust yourself off and get back in the wagon with me!!!!! We can do this!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Thanks dest....got too comfy with myself. I need to remind myself of the tremendous freight that accompanies booze. The worry, the shame, the hang over, the stress on relationships, the fact that it ruins my health. Why isn't this a no brainer? You'd think one could just intellectualize themselves out of the situation...but that is precisely the problem of course. If I could just listen to my saner insights and do the right thing, I wouldn't have a problem would I? Appreciate your encouraging words. Feelin a little stronger...

Comment

Good Luck

Best of luck, Lola. I'm getting ready to start my 30 days, waiting for my starter kit to arrive. Seen a local doctor, and have my Rx filled (though he REALLY didn't want to put me on Topamax, and put me on Naltraxone instead) and am just waiting for USPS to get the package from Anchorage, AK (shocked it's coming from there!!) to Connecticut.

In the mean time, I'm drinking less, and doing a lot of self analysis. Looking forward to a happy 4th of July. Hope you, and everyone else has a great day!
              Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
              When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

I'm new here Lola and am now on day 5 AF.
                Took 3 days to detox and I'm feeling pretty good.
                Your comment about getting too comfy with yourself really hit home for me.
                Although those same feeling of worry, shame...have now left me.
                Day 5 and I'm already telling myself I don't ever want to go back there.
                Hang in there:l

Comment

I couldn't have said it better myself Lola. It should totally be a no brainer. I am a totally stubborn person and if I don't want to do something I don't do it....so why when I tell myself I am not going to drink I cave???!!!! Makes no sense...I guess this is all part of the journey!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Hi all like you I am on day 1...together we can beat this
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Welcome Mick! I'm on day 28, only 2 days to go. At times it has taken incredible effort, but it's worth it. The wife was on the verge of divorce, and has since let me back into the bedroom because I'm doing so well.

Happy 4th to everybody, and good luck! I hope I can stay on the right path
                      AF Since: June 8

Comment

Hi aerojef...happy 4th to you all...well nearly the end of my first day af.Must be honest was really hard at times..the little voices saying why not start tomorrow on your birthday etc Still got through it...hope everyone else did
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings. Today, just like yesterday, the day before yesterday, the day before the day before yesterday, etc., is Day One AF.
                          I'm praying as hard as I can.

Comment

Hi fellow travellers,
                            have you got room for one more on board .
                            I am really hoping that this is going to be the time, this time -with a little bit of help from my friends

Take care x
                            AF 10th June 2014

Comment

GS - Same. You had me confused on your goals for a sec, but then when I remembered we colonists rebelled against your authority we changed the day/month/year to month/day/year then it started to clear up for me.

Comment

Hi ginger..welcome..this is now my second day..we can do it

Comment

Working...
                                X