Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mick;1346241 wrote: Hi ginger..welcome..this is now my second day..we can do it
    Hey . Can I join ?
    Just finishing day 4 !!!!

Comment

hi all,glad to be aboard feeling positive now.!!
      Gdog Im sure this wont be the last time i confuse you !! ,im always confusing myself,it must be the barmy English for you.!
      Welcome Mick and Satz pleased to meet you all

x
      AF 10th June 2014

Comment

hello friends - still AF just ,-dont have the positive vibe of yesterday have had the cravings -I can visualise myself buying wine and going home and drinking it ....but have managed to talk myself out of acting on the vision.( I am a work in Progress ) Have got a family Party tomorrow where the wine will be flowing ,and as hubby will be there who wants me to stop drinking - I will have some support.
        Hope you all enjoy a happy AF weekend , but even if you dont, we must not be too hard on ourselves, as we are all here to support each other.

x
        AF 10th June 2014

Comment

Hi ginger..yep had cravings today too..sat down and wrote it all down in my diary.. why what when, the benefits of having a drink.. then read the demon drink letter.... by that time they had subsided.. dont let go youre on a winner
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi Ginger.....just checking in to see how you are doing?
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Yesterday, much to my surprise, I turned into my own day one. I realized late in the day that I hadn't had a drink, and didn't feel like one! I poured the glass of wine I had left in the bottle, which was earmarked for dinner (lol, which I didn't feel like eating!) down the drain. Resisted the urge to grab a Heineken while watching the Yankees beat up the Red Sox, and gave away the last 9 Heinekens in my possession this morning to my neighbor.

Today is day two. Goal is 30 days, and I'll evaluate from there.

Dave
              Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
              When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

That's great Dave! My husband watched the game too!! I saw on another thread that you gave away the beer....wow...awesome!!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Hi, Enough! Best of luck in this journey. I'm with you, in the middle of day 2! I haven't been eating much (started moderating last week, "only" had 4 drinks over 7 hours on Saturday) but was late with my lunch doses (MWO program w/Naltrexone instead of Topamax) and found that all of the sudden I was starving hungry! Went to store, bought lots of strawberries and cherries, some cold cuts and made myself a sandwich! Could only eat half, though, so I took my lunchtime meds at 2:30 and will be eating some fruit throughout the afternoon. OMG I was so hungry and only eating 1/2 sandwich is amazing! I guess I'll be losing those 25-30 lbs I've needed to lose for 15 years quickly! I'm already down 5, and see it in my face which isn't nearly as round and puffy as it was a short week ago.

My goal is to go a month and then see if I can be a moderate drinker. I have friends in AA that think that's crazy, but this is My Way Out, not theirs! Who knows, maybe I'll stay on the sidelines longer, or indefinitely.

Mia, Autumn, Jaxx, Not Tonight, Clover and WineSucks, I'm so much like you. But my drinks of choice were Heineken (gave away the last 9 I had this morning!) and tequilla at my private office (basement apt I rent for an office) followed by wine at home to keep the buzz and know I'd sleep.

Today is day 2. Can't wait to go home tonight and listen to the Hypnotherapy again! Good luck, all.

Comment

Rats...drinking right now. Got a stressful tenant eviction going on. Gave me a good excuse to just say screw it. We always say to each other don't beat yourself up but I think I need to flog myself a bit for this. What a lame excuse I am using. Isn't some self-loathing in order about now? I'm going to polish off this dumb little bota box...equivalent to 3 glasses..of course...I've already had 4 glasses. Yikes. This is not ok. Self loathing in order I think. WILL NOT GO OUT FOR MORE. Thank god for this space. It's the only place I can really talk about this stuff.

Comment

Oh...I'm the landlord...not the deadbeat being evicted..perhaps the only thing more shameful than the alcoholic may be the deadbeat tenant...I,haven't sunk that low my friends!

Comment

Clover;1145176 wrote: Enough, I'm in the same boat. I don't even like the damned taste of wine anymore, yet I poured a huge quantity of it into my head Friday night. Yuck! Got so drunk that I fell down ... backwards, apparently, since I've got a bump on my head and a bruise on my back. Do you think I remember how I fell? Nope! Just a vague recollection of landing on my back. Lord have mercy, that really is just awful. I no longer drink in public, since it's just too humiliating how I get. And, yes, I'm a mom, too. Let's do this together!!
                        oh boy, I fall forward and then have to go to work with a bruises and scrapes on my face the next day... I have done this twice.... one carpet burn on the face/nose and the other falling from the shower to to ground. LOVELY LOOK!! Day 3 coming to an end for me today .

Comment

Lola...I hope you got that drinking day behind you, and you're back here for day one today! Don't flog yourself too much, just get right back on the wagon, and you'll start feeling better quickly.

Try to avoid turning day one off the wagon into day two, three and four....

I'm rooting for you. YOU CAN DO IT!

Dave

Comment

Lola - that financial stress is such a trigger. We are under it big time also. So hard to not just cry me a river into my beer. I agree with Dave. Just get back to it. My emotions have been settling down in the midst of the storms just a tiny bit. Bankruptcy is just not a death sentence when seen clearly.

P.S. That bota box can be so dang frustrating. I feel like a junkie when I tip it back and forth 30 times at the end of its life to suck out the last drops.

Comment

Hi Everyone, its day one for me...tbh ive never really put the effort in to stop, always said i will but never really applied myself, but im not going to live feeling like this anymore with the continual guilt. I know its going to be hard...i get really bored at night time...even tho im busy with my kids...i feel it just takes the edge off..then i end up drunk...wish i could just have the one ..but its one bottle and more if its not done the trick!! GL anyone whos starting at the same point as me and to all who are well on the road

Comment

Thanks all...appreciate the words of encouragement...and got a little chuckle gdog about those last few drops...Egad...ain't it the truth. Hello wagon....how are you? Got room for me? Howdy day one!!

Comment

Working...
                                X